Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Tis the season

Starting to feel at home...

"Tis the season

Ugh....Don't you just hate it when parents drop their snot encrusted, coughing, wheezing child off at daycare after they've been running a temperature for most of the weekend ? Oh - but if he isn't doing well, please just text me and I'll come right away. Grrr....Here's an idea - stay the hell home, keep your plague away from 4 other little ones and maybe I won't have to take a sick day later in the week because of your stupidity. I know a little one who will be spending a lot of time in his pack and play today - hopefully keeping his Typhoid Mary tendencies to himself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    That was me two weeks ago. One kid gets colds way more often than all the rest. And then slowly spread it to all the others. So last friday he was better and I had others that were all still sick.

Outgoing
    Day Care kids here battling colds at the moment too.

Could have been worse though - one day care child diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth 4 weeks ago and by some miracle, we managed to keep that at one.

One had a fever last week and was home for 24 hours but it didn't seem to amount to anything.

One off sick today but don't know why yet - We had a hullava wind storm last night which took out power to 50,000 homes and although I now have power, I wasn't able to get the details from this parent who left an e-mail last night, as they are still without power and so without internet. No answer from their house but if they have the wireless handsets, that will be why.

Euphoric !
    We had that over the summer actually. One was sick and mom kept him home on the Monday but he came to daycare on the Tuesday. She ended up keeping him home the Wednesday/Thursday (likely shouldn't have been here on the Tuesday either) and it spread like wildfire. That Friday and the following weeks after that I had kids sick. I managed to get it too (worked anyways even with a fever). So glad we are all better now. It was a long 2 months of sickness.

Expansive...
    Lol !!!! I like it when they drop off "healthy" children and 4 hrs later when the Tylenol wears off are so surprised !!!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
    Lol !!!! I like it when they drop off "healthy" children and 4 hrs later when the Tylenol wears off are so surprised !!!
    .....aaaaaannnddddd that's when they get a phone call to come get their kid. We aren't stupid, are we ladies? I hate being taken for a fool. we know when the child isn't feeling well, even when they have been medicated to mask the symptoms.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Exactly but I cant stand the conversation, "really??? little johnny is sick ??? thats weird he was fine this morning !!!" It leaves me wondering if parents think I can tell if a childs sick or not !!! Ive only had 5 of my own sooooooo .......

Shy
    ok so I have question. I have the same situation with a certain daycare child he is always starting illness here and other moms and dad's have noticed. wwyD? ?? I tried to explain to up his immune system etc. I know they would prefer if I termed that said child. thoughts? TIA

Euphoric !
    It is daycare illnesses happen, nothing you can do. Just enforce your sick policy to help minimize spreading it but I would not terminate

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabearto3 View Post
    ok so I have question. I have the same situation with a certain daycare child he is always starting illness here and other moms and dad's have noticed. wwyD? ?? I tried to explain to up his immune system etc. I know they would prefer if I termed that said child. thoughts? TIA
    I've had a couple kids like this, where other parents were getting frustrated with it. I just enforced my sick policy with everyone. The one child's mom cried (tears and all) about how she was so frustrated and annoyed that she had to keep picking him up or keeping him home. I just said that all the other parents felt the same as her but they were keeping their child home until they were 100% and that maybe she should too. It was a brutal month or more with illness because kids were coming back before they should have.

The other child was a drooler and always sick. I've never cleaned so much in my life!! Lol. I ended up terming for other reasons and a couple parents said "maybe the others won't get sick so much now"..... There really isn't much you can do other than clean! I tell the parents about any illness going around so they can keep their eyes open for early symptoms and hopefully decrease the spreading of said illness

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: