Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Ok thanking God this day ended !!! I was soo done ! We made mud pies and heard a horrific crash and there was a big accident right at the intersection by our house ! Fire trucks , ambulances ,and police ! Thankfully no one was injured !

Euphoric !
    Yikes, that would be quite the scene!! Glad everyone is okay!

Good for you to do mud pies on a day where you aren't feeling so happy!! Did the kids like it?

Expansive...
    They complained the whole process ! Someone got their hands dirty , someone took someone else's shovel ugh ! After the car crash they stood peering thru the fence appearing quite content !

Euphoric !
    Lol, darn kids!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I tired baking with my group yesterday. The 2 year old screamed whenever it wasn't his turn to scoop/dump, the 2.5 year old missed the bowl. Every. Single. Time (you'd think with me handing the scoop to him over the bowl it would be pretty simple), and the 3 year old girls insisted on putting the liners in the muffin trays - then just stuck the whole stack in one hole and got grumpy and argued when I tried to 1) explain and show it again, and 2) just do it for them.

Baking is the one craft I can't stand doing with any of them except my 4 year old.

Euphoric !
    ha ha 2cuteboys - I NEVER EVER bake with my group either!! The thought of their grubby little hands touching something we will all eat just doesn't sit with me! LOL

Expansive...
    Eww lol I don't like my husband in my kitchen let alone dayhome kids !!! It was just a bad day ! I have so many activities I do with my group and when it comes to free play is when they lose it . All they ask for is tv ! I only have them 3 days a week , and it's only been one month !!! I thought mud /sand pies would be great fun ! Nope ! We painted , ugh I tried it all !!
    Today I only have one sweetie until noon , an interview this am and I'm out for lunch and shopping with my sister !!!!

Euphoric !
    I love baking with the kids, they're always so excited to do it!! Baking with 4 vs up to 16 (when I worked in centres) is a breeze and there are certain steps along the way that they get to help with and ones where I take over. If they roll out their own cookies I write their name on the parchment paper so I know whose is whose.

That sounds like a great day secondtimearound! I'm so incredibly tired today and having a Bon fire tonight with 2 friends....I'm sorta just wanting to sleep tho LOL

Expansive...
    Bonfire !! Sounds fun !!! Well my interview didn't show , she called 10 min after they were to be here , so that's that !! I'm sitting colouring princess faces with my lo !! I'm about asleep myself but I stayed up late last night ! Soo self abuse !
    I bake with my own dd we are doing a cooking class alongside her homeschool !

Euphoric !
    Yes should be a good time....I'm already looking forward to making some ceasers......might need some more vodka though! I need hot dogs as well....I wish the store delivered, so tired LOL.

That sucks! The cooking class sounds fun though