Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing
    My week has been mostly bad, I think it's my daughter making it stressful more than the other kids. However, our new hot tub got delivered this morning, so I'm hoping it will be ready after the kids go to bed. Then I can sit in the hot tub and drink wine!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
    Bonfire !! Sounds fun !!! Well my interview didn't show , she called 10 min after they were to be here , so that's that !! I'm sitting colouring princess faces with my lo !! I'm about asleep myself but I stayed up late last night ! Soo self abuse !
    I bake with my own dd we are doing a cooking class alongside her homeschool !
    How do you find it goes doing the homeschooling along with the daycare? Homeschooling has crossed my mind before, though my husband didn't like the idea. What does your daily schedule look like?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    well my kids are actually being fairly good today other than I am the one grouchy. My husband has had a terrible week this week at work and needs to find a new job ASAP (very toxic workplace!!). It is stressing him out and me out and we are both not sleeping well. luckily for the kids they are somewhat behaving today! LOL

I have one boy who is being a little turd!! He has been in timeout a few times today already. He is going through the MINE stage AGAIN! Mom is doing little things that are getting under my skin (nothing major but because I am overtired and cranky it bothers me).

One more day and the weekend. It can only go up from here (that is what I told my husband anyways!!). Lets hope I am right.
    This week has also been awful for my hubby. He's in the construction industry and has been on a tight schedule for a project that he's been working on the last couple of months. So he hired some helpers who turned out to be less than trustworthy. My son is now working with him so things should be getting easier now that the "characters" are gone.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    ha ha 2cuteboys - I NEVER EVER bake with my group either!! The thought of their grubby little hands touching something we will all eat just doesn't sit with me! LOL
    Ha! Hands were washed compulsively beforehand! It's definitely not my fave though, and I only made enough for one sitting. I made a few extra batches on my own (with my own clean hands) later on!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I'm thankful in being able to say, it's been a calm week here for the most part.

Monday we had a wind storm which left many of us without power. Of course, this means my alarm didn't go off and I woke about 10 mins before my first child was due. Never washed and dressed so fast in my life and of course, a parent knocked as I was finishing dressing so there was a bit of a delay in getting to the door.
    Two of mine decided to stay home without power rather than come here which worked out well as I was able to take the older sibling of one of my DCK's whose school was closed for the day. Was nice having the teenagers home for the day as their school was also closed.
    Had all 6 day care children in for the rest of the week and everyone's been really good.
    Once of the babies has a cold so she is a little grumpy but nothing unreasonable.
    The weather has been great so we've managed to go for walks every morning and one of the children was 2 today so we had a cupcake after our fruit this afternoon.

Expansive...
    I take advantage of nap time def and I have an assistant so I can get her to take over if we are not done . We do a lot of work with our dayhome so I plan themes and unit studies together with emphasis on more in depth for my child . My husband is able with his job to do 2 daily classes with her as well ! We read every night before bed and have a weekly baking class on Saturdays . I am really happy with her progress and with our set up . She plays with the kids from 8:00-9:30 , then she participates in circle time and craft , then 10:30 she goes outside with her father for physical education ( she's a sports nut !!) then together for lunch then I do studies with her from 1-3 while everyone naps . Her father teaches her social studies after that and leaves for work and she's done except for our reading program which we do between 7:00-7:30 !!
    Voila !!! Done lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Mine started off nuts too! My oldest woke up in a BAAAAAD mood! Puppy was in over drive too. After a morning walk, my boys at school, more coffee and new toys a friend gave me life is calming down and starting crafts 5 min behind...not to bad.

Hope all of your days get better too!

Euphoric !
    I only have 3 most days now and it's amazing how even one less kid makes a difference. Although, my 20 month dcb is more like 2.5 kids! lol

It started off really misty this morning and I wasn't sure if we would get outside but it turned out to be a pretty nice Fall morning. We went for a 45 minute walk and ended it when the mist came back out as I wasn't sure if it was going to turn into rain or not. We made homemade ham/pineapple/mushroom pizza for lunch. I don't know why but I don't give them pizza very often (only a handful of times in the past 3 years lol) and they LOVED it. I think I will have to add it to the menu more often. They don't like to eat raw veggies very much but if it's covered or mixed in than they eat it so this might be a good way to get them to eat more.

After nap I think we are going to do a painting art as none of them have their splash pants and the backyard looks sorta wet still.

It's been a good Monday....hope all of yours has been too!!

Starting to feel at home...
    It's so good to know I'm not alone. Not that I would want anyone to have a bad day just because. My 1 yr. old is screaming his heart out. I hate the sitting and waiting for nap to be done. I know if I go and get him he wins. Sooooo lucky his Mom is on board. I hope everyones week gets better and mine too lol.

Expansive...
    We were having so much fun playing blocks that we missed circle time and craft ! They literally played for 2 hours with the blocks ! we sat with them and just chatted but everyone was in play mode ! This group on mondays are awesome !! Its tuesday,wednesday and fridays that sometimes gives me anxiety lol !
    Nap here has been a gong show but I guess that means a later wake up time !