Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good bye gifts

Good bye gifts

I am closing my daycare and I'm wondering if anyone does, or would do, a goodbye gift.

I feel like I should do something, but I don't want to overdo it.

Starting to feel at home...
    How about a picture of you and all the daycare kids along with the child's favorite baking and recipe from your daycare? Personal, inexpensive, and a reminder of the child's time with you.

Expansive...
    I think doing some sort of craft would be a good way to say goodbye. Like taking a picture of your group and having them decorate a frame and then putting the picture in.

I have cut way back on gifts. The way I see it, I am constantly purging and throwing out toys or junk that my own kids get as gifts etc and I hate it. Most kids have too much STUFF already, they don't need more. Do a simple craft and have a celebration on the last day and I think that is plenty good enough.

Good luck on your next venture!

I love the photo idea.

For me, I don't do Birthday gifts (do do a birthday party for each though), or Christmas Gifts (do a bunch of Christmas crafts).
    But, every year at year end (I have all teachers children) I do a photo book (they have small, $6 ones at Walmart). I attach the photo book to a gift bag of some summer toys. When they are done daycare and off to school I do up a really nice photo book for them of their entire time at daycare.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I would but I give gifts and goodies all the time lol.

I like family gifts and a popular one I've done is a basket full of ice cream toppings like syrups, sprinkles, candy, cones etc and attach a note that says "just add ice cream"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I do home made gifts . Just a little something . Like for thanksgiving the kids are getting a little Baggie of skittles done up with straw ! Saw it on pintrest !! I do a little something for each holiday as well as holiday crafts ( pintrest !!! )
    I have given my dcks goodbye presents in their fav character bag with colouring books and little readers , stickers and a treat ! Prob cost about $6 each.
    But I love the ice cream idea !!! Cookie or pancake mix in a jar ??!
    I go over board with things like that .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    what about a good bye party - order pizza in, maybe see if you can find someone who can come in and do face painting, go on a special outing, rent a bouncy house etc. Give a picture of the group in a card and a nice hand written thank you to the parents.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Wonderful ideas, I appreciate them all. I have taken a group pic and have printed a lovely poem. I was originally going to frame, but I like the kids decorating their own frame. I may use the ice cream idea for my nieces and nephews at Christmas. what a great idea.