Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Washing Daycare bedding and toys

OK ladies, so instead of taking over the other thread I started a new one. When it comes to washing daycare bedding do you all wash bedding weekly? Do you do your own bedding weekly?

My daycare kids all have their own designated spots/bedding for napping - no sharing etc. I usually only wash bedding once a month OR if we have an illness go through. As of right now I have a couple with runny noses etc so once their colds are finished I will wash them.

I will admit am terrible at changing my own bedding as well. Where do you all find the time to do so much laundry! LOL I have a hard time keeping up as it is especially now that my daycare is upstairs and my laundry is downstairs (dishes got done a lot more now lol).

Am I the only one who doesn't do it this often?

Also I will admit also that I don't wash the kids toys either. When I first started I cleaned things often but found we were way more sick when I did, now I don't worry about it. I spray the toys once a week with Lysol (or more often when we have snotty noses or illness go through daycare). I have waaaaaayyyyyy to many toys to take the time to clean everything.

Am I the only one who doesn't do this often either??

Euphoric !
    Daycare bedding, stuffies....biweekly unless illness goes through

Our bedding....monthly

Toys....weekly to biweekly depending on my energy level and how much they've mouthed them lol. I don't have all my toys out so I only clean what's in the playroom. Kids toys get so dirty and it grosses me out lol. I actually find the opposite, illness spreads so quickly so I find having clean toys helps. I feel that my dck's and I very rarely get sick other than mild colds from time to time

I used to do this on my weekends but than got smart and do all my cleaning during the day. My laundry is in the basement so it really adds no extra time to my day. I love working from home and admire working moms who work out of the home and still have to do household chores during their time off!!
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 10-02-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Expansive...
    I'm changing all of my family's bedding weekly ! I wash all the dcks bedding every Friday as well . I usually clean from 3:00 on in my dayhome . The kids are given cloths to "help" but by the time they are getting jackets on to go outside to play I am washing the mats all down and the floor . I am afraid of using Lysol in case someone sucks on a toy , so I am cleaning with appropriate cleaners .
    A lot of it is just me , I am constantly doing something and I love cleaning !!! Makes me not so popular with my friends lol

Euphoric !
    I am lazy. I change our bedding biweekly, daycare kids once a month. I send their blankets home for laundering every 2 wks.

Toys, never really. If I see a child goobering on something then it gets washed but I don't do a major clean at all. I did it once or twice when I first started but found it a waste of time and energy. I would if there was a major illness but in the 2 yrs I've been operating we haven't had any. In fact my DC kids never get sick, either do I (knock on wood!) I think we are all over sterilized and over the top. I wash with vinegar and water when I do clean.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    OK ladies, so instead of taking over the other thread I started a new one. When it comes to washing daycare bedding do you all wash bedding weekly? Do you do your own bedding weekly?
    I wash my own bedding weekly. My teens do their own laundry and tend to do theirs weekly too although the younger one, I have to remind.

Day care kids bedding gets done every two days. They have their own allocated beds/cribs but kids drool in their sleep, diapers sometimes leak, little ones poop in their sleep and some kids it goes up their backs. Every two days routinely and if I see a leak/mess before then, it comes off there and then.

Kids toys get sprayed with disinfectant every night and put in the tub with bleach and hot water on a Friday overnight. Then they are left to air dry. Toys with batteries get wiped with a bleach water cloth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Van

Ive only done a thorough wash and disinfect of all toys once in my three years and it was because we hand hand, foot, mouth go through one family.

Spot wash toys as needed. Wipe down big surfaces once a week. Daycare bedding every 2 weeks, but my laundry is on my main floor so its easier to do.

Euphoric !
    So myself and the 3 kids just disinfected the toys ( they got wet wipes lol) this morning and changed up the library books as well. Sometimes I disinfect them ( like today) but other times I just wash them with soap and hot water or spray them. I find that they need a good scrub from to time as well as the toy buckets though.

A child stayed home today and has tonsillitis so I'm glad I chose to disinfect today. What cleaners or disinfectant do you use if you do?

Euphoric !
    Do family bedding every two weeks and daycare bedding monthly but often do a load of pillowcases for everyone weekly and put them back on but that takes little space and allows me to also do all the towels and washcloths and a couple of the stuffies as needed weekly. ie the parts that actually get breathed, drooled on get washed weekly.