Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenwatersDaughter View Post
    There is nothing whatsoever "unauthentic" in what I do, just because it happens once every month as a regular thing. My husband and I go on regular date nights -- doesn't make our time together "unauthentic".
    I clearly didn't use the best wording there, my bad. I simply meant that I would prefer to show appreciation as a response to something rather than pre orchestrated. So for example appreciation day is the first Monday of the month and the previous week a parent has paid me late, forgotten clothing and appropriate footwear preventing the group from going outside and then has picked up late making me late for an appointment messing my whole evening up. To "appreciate them" on the following Monday is the same as reinforcing a badly behaved child. I'm not going to be rude to those parents or bare a grudge but I'm not going to reward it and have them leave with a warm belly and a big smile thinking wow I really pushed it last week and this is what I get in response.

Euphoric !
    I think it all depends on the group you currently have too. I'm newer to having my home daycare (my 3 year anniversary is coming up soon!) but definitely not new to childcare. My first group, I would have done this with them for sure had I thought about it lol. Everyday they were excellent so doing something special once a month would have been great. I have since had a few parents who I wouldn't necessarily want to do something special and above and beyond for monthly lol. I do regularly tell them when I appreciate something they have done or said though. Like you said, it's a word of mouth business and my past clients have sent so many my way that I still tell a couple of them when I have openings so they can spread the word lol

If it works for you and you enjoy doing it, than keep on doing it When/If it becomes something you no longer want to do than stop. It's all up to you! I bet all the parents loved it!

Starting to feel at home...
    I like the idea of a 'customer appreciation' gesture. That said, I would be most warmed by a cookie my child helped bake and a simple cup of hot chocolate or tea. And once or twice a year would be more than enough. Too much and it loses the charm and novelty.

I know some parents suck. I am not a daycare provider, but lets face it, in life some people just suck. And some of those sucky people will have kids....and they will end up in someone's daycare. But...the odd time, breaking the routine with a lovely gesture can smack a sucky person back to reality and make them be slightly less sucky. Or not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyGirl_C For This Useful Post: