Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Dcks Travelling Far

I've had a wonderful family for almost 4 years caring for all their kids with the third one scheduled to come next year They moved a while ago quite far imo for the dcks to commute one way (30 min on a good day). Today with snow took almost an hour. Dad works in my area. I thought for sure I'd lose them when they moved but they have stuck around. They live north where there's more snow and i can see inclement weather becoming a problem. My question is if they ask for a break on the inclement weather clause which states fees are due, should i consider it? I'd be sad to lose this family. Dcks in my area are very scarce. Then i guess i'd have to change the clause for the families that are 5 minute away too right? I'm not too keen to do that. Maybe they won't ask but i want to be prepared. Tx!

Euphoric !
    IF they ask respond with, give me a bit of time to think this over. And leave it at that. ...then wait until they ask.

I think you are worrying yourself for no reason here. Any family that chooses to drive that long, when they have other closer, easier options has made their decision because thy value your service. I don't think they would ask for a break on fees.

If they do, look at how it will impact you and make a decision. Again, I don't see them asking for a break on fees...if the weather truly poses a problem then they may seek care elsewhere because the length of travel is truly too much...but that is out of your control.

Outgoing
    I've had a few families come out of the way to come here and sometimes in the complete opposite direction then they need to travel, resulting in them dropping off and then driving back past their own home up to 45 mins after leaving it to come here, on route to their work.

I was never once asked for a break in terms of pickup times by these clients.

One did it for 4 years and eventually bought a house near me. Another one did it for 2 years and also bought a house in this area.

I think if they had asked, it would depend. I wouldn't necessarily agree to a later pick up time but if they were late on the odd occasion due to the weather, and if I was home that evening anyway, I might waiver late fees. But it wouldn't have announced that ahead of time.

Euphoric !
    My answer would be no. They know your hours and they know they run the risk of potentially being late so they need to be prepared for any sort of weather.