Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I get parents to sign a consent form when they sign their kid up with me saying it's okay that I take them out occassionally. It is a general consent form so if I think of something to do mid morning, I don't have to get permission from every parent. If I know we will be going out I will mention it at drop off. If it is last minute, I will mention it at pick up. Every parent seems to be okay with it. I do have one that is a little hesitant and asks a million questions about our outings, but I know it's just because she's concerned about her child's safety. I tell the parents and they even make comments about how it's good to get out once in awhile and I explain to them that it keeps me sane! Being cooped up in a house ALL day, EVERY day is not my thing. Even sometimes just getting out to Walmart and bringing the kids by the toy dept makes all the difference in a good week.
    Last edited by mlc1982; 10-11-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm the same way...staying home all the time is not my thing and the kids don't like it neither. They love it when spur of the moment we pick up and go to the mall and play there or go to a pet store. It breaks up the week and definitely the day!

Where do u guys take them spur of the moment? Especially on rainy days? I'd love to just go! But always play the no nor here-maybe there-nah just stay home game. I should start using a blanket form saying it's ok to allow general outings. Often it's the morning I'd like to head out but never know what to do. We have community drop ins I might taking advantage of.

If you have the proper insurance and parents' permission, I see no problem with doing any quick outings. If I was simply a stay-at-home-mom, I would be doing these errands with my kids, so what's different about having the daycare kids along? This is a home and a family, not a center. My kids LOVE trips to the dollar store, bulk barn, gorcery store... anywhere we can walk to since I don't have carseats or a vehicle big enough. Getting out of the house is good for everyone's sanity every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Play and Learn View Post
    Playfelt is right on there. But you also have to realize that you need extra car insurance for taking these kids out. You also need permission from these parents.

I personally don't take the kids out in a car, because 1. we only have one car, and 2. I don't feel safe doing this. Some parents are uncomfortable in having their provider take them around in a car.

I just go out when and if hubby is home earlier than normal. And I let parents know that he's the one who's in charge for those hours!

The county/ministry if licensed wont let you leave a child with anyone else but the provider who is paid for the care..so unfortunatly in my case all subsidzed children have to come with me no matter where it is and cannot be left unsupervised by me with anyone else..even my husband who also has criminal record chec and lives here lol! therefore if i go to doctor, even if its in the childs best interest to stay home and out of the germy location, i have to tae them with me or close ...which parents just say bring him with you!!..same with groceries, so I figure if I have to feed them , then getting groceries every other wee is part of daycare and part of my job, I wor 12 hour days, so it certainly going to get done while i have daycare ids here. Bills also have to get paid, so cheques get cashed as they are dated..and daycare children come with me..its all part of the day. cleaning is part of the day too, and whether parents lie it or not I clean during the day too..its all part of the job. I do choose to do these outings as educationally as possible and when i have lower enrolemnt.