Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    It's not worth the money ! I can't stand that dread when the doorbell goes off and you know it's going to be a day . I would term immediately for hitting . I dislike when parents ,"joke" about the child's behaviour in front of the child !! You can tell right away when a child is "empowered" by parents ! I have one who tells mom stories about her day and mom advises and then child acts out !! Ugh like so and so was mean , then child comes and powerhouses everyone and says my mom says you be nice to me !!
    I would not be able to put up with the day you have described !!
    Personally I wouldn't but I realize our situations may be different !!

Shy
    Thank you all for the advice. I have decided to have my letter ready to go and their refund for tomorrow and Friday ready. When she was acting out at sleep time I told her she could play with a certain you she liked if she rested quietly on her bed. So of course it came time for free play and I wouldn't let her play with the toy she wanted. Well she just had a screaming tantrum for the last 45 minutes. She's upsetting all of the other children.

I feel better about my decision already. Worrying slightly about the lack of income but the money isn't worth this stress. I haven't been able to do any planning. I thunk there are way bigger issues here than I am trained to deal with so hopefully they can get some help for her!

Shy
    So many typos because I'm typing quickly and I'm upset. Hopefully you can make sense of it. Sorry!

Sorry you've had to deal with this. I had a similar situation about 18 months ago, and I am so happy I terminated. The child was hurting other kids, and hit me in the face with a truck, leaving a welt on my cheek.

Unfortunately, the parents didn't see it my way, and the mother smeared my name all over my small town. She wrote a longwinded letter and posted the link to it on a local Facebook group with over 5 thousand members. :O Lucky for me and my family, it didn't seem to slow my business down any.

I hope the parents don't give you any grief, and for what it's worth based on what you've written, I think you've done the right thing.

Shy
    I did let her go the same day that I posted that. Thank you all again for your advice. I packed up all of her things and had them outside with us, so that when she got here, they could just leave. I had a letter ready and a cash refund for the two days left that she had already paid for. She was so angry. She stormed off yelling, "now I'm SOL"....no apology about her daughter's behaviour, no acknowledgement of that at all, actually, which I supposed explains a lot.

Anyway....I have signed up a new little one for January, already, and it's amazing the peace that comes after making a decision like this. It was immediately a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. I wish I had done it sooner and hadn't waited so long. Thank you all again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    No big surprise why you had issues with the child then !! I'm so glad it's over for you !