Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

For free.... a vent ;)

My daughter is up for grabs today for anyone who would like her (I love her so much but today....) 3 years old, full of attitude, disobedient, nasty to other kiddies, yelling..... Yeah, it's a rough day. My older son is a gem and goes to school, but I am lost some days as to what to do with my own daughter. I know it is a cry for attention, but it's a challenge on how to deal with the misbehavior in front of my other daycare children. Ugh. Thanks for listening. I truly would never get rid of her, she is full of joy and life as well as all the other things! It'll be good for her in the future, but trying to curb it now is so H.A.R.D!

Euphoric !
    Hope your day gets better!!

Outgoing
    LOL. It's the way it goes I'm afraid.

I have two boys. The oldest one so, so very much like me. The youngest one, far more mellow, thank goodness.

My oldest son and I worship but infuriate each other because we are so alike. He has so many of my worst traits from my teenage years. He's stubborn, pig-headed, secretive, argumentative, opinionated and damn right frustrating. But we adore each other, he's my biggest fan, and he can melt my heart with a grin. I see him care for the under-dogs in our community, he's the first person to step in if he feels someone is being picked on, he'll speak up for the rights of others with no thought to his safety, he embraces life full on with no fear and an open heart.

Sure there are days when I could shake him for choosing the harder path or for making a foolish choice but for the most part, I've learned to embrace who he is. "Get busy living or get busy dying" is his favourite movie line and that is so entirely who he is.

Hold on tight, you might be in for a rough ride with your daughter but at the end of it all, it's so very worth it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyFarm View Post
    My daughter is up for grabs today for anyone who would like her (I love her so much but today....) 3 years old, full of attitude, disobedient, nasty to other kiddies, yelling..... Yeah, it's a rough day. My older son is a gem and goes to school, but I am lost some days as to what to do with my own daughter. I know it is a cry for attention, but it's a challenge on how to deal with the misbehavior in front of my other daycare children. Ugh. Thanks for listening. I truly would never get rid of her, she is full of joy and life as well as all the other things! It'll be good for her in the future, but trying to curb it now is so H.A.R.D!
    I could have written this! My daughter is 3 and a handful too. Although I love her like crazy, I am a bit excited for her to go off to school next September... I think that will change the dynamics in here a lot! No one tests me like she does!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    LOL. It's the way it goes I'm afraid.

I have two boys. The oldest one so, so very much like me. The youngest one, far more mellow, thank goodness.

My oldest son and I worship but infuriate each other because we are so alike. He has so many of my worst traits from my teenage years. He's stubborn, pig-headed, secretive, argumentative, opinionated and damn right frustrating. But we adore each other, he's my biggest fan, and he can melt my heart with a grin. I see him care for the under-dogs in our community, he's the first person to step in if he feels someone is being picked on, he'll speak up for the rights of others with no thought to his safety, he embraces life full on with no fear and an open heart.

Sure there are days when I could shake him for choosing the harder path or for making a foolish choice but for the most part, I've learned to embrace who he is. "Get busy living or get busy dying" is his favourite movie line and that is so entirely who he is.

Hold on tight, you might be in for a rough ride with your daughter but at the end of it all, it's so very worth it.
    He sound's like a kid with all the right qualities.....Good on him and bravo to you mum!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyFarm View Post
    On days like this I end up with a mantra going on a loop full of hope that..."tomorrow is a new day, tomorrow is a new day". Hope tomorrow is a bit better.

Awww, thank you for posting this. My 2 sons (9 and 5) are with me (in the daycare) for the 2 hours before school begins. It is the worst part of my day; every single day. My 9 year old is a great helper and awesome with the kids. My 5 year old is loud (weird as the rest of the family is active, but pretty quiet and mellow), rough and gets everyone of my daycare kids going. I was praying that a year of school would mellow this child out; he is fantastic at school and after school/weekends at home for the most part. But with the stimulation of his 'friends' at daycare in the morning he is wacko! Sigh. He sure knows how to push my buttons! Vent done
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    Ugh same here.... My second daughter is 3 right now and boy can we have bad days. Some days I really don't know how to deal with the behaviors and it can be so overwhelming, Then I get that guilt feeling that I did not do the right thing which makes me feel a thousand times worst. I don't have much advice but I get what your are saying. What I have started doing when we are in any rough patch, arguments or whatever and I don't know what to do ...I stop and hug her. It kind of helps defuse the situation and calms me and we get back to 0. It does not work all the time but most of the time it does. We can talk it out after she is more receptive and I make more sense in my discipline choices.
    Stay strong and like the other have said ... Tomorrow is another day.

Expansive...
    I was thinking I had made a mistake waiting until my dd turned 5 to start a dayhome . Sometimes she , at 6 now is the one who causes issues . I was feeling guilty thinking maybe this is not the best for her and just this morning laid down the law to her . She has to have a good attitude while down in the dayhome . If she doesn't then she can go upstairs with her dad . I have spent so much time scheduling interesting , productive days for her and the dayhome children and realized she was not doing her best or appreciating any of it . So today , when she was upset with who's turn it was to pick a song to sing , she was given one chance to choose the right attitude and then without a word I took her upstairs .
    I'm not expecting her to be perfect , but if I'm not making my own child participate happily how can I expect the dayhome kids to ?
    She was shocked enough to knock and ask if she could join us again so I feel like I'm on the right track with her .
    I think we feel guilty that our kids have to "share" the attention and therefore allow them to act up , at least I was .

Starting to feel at home...
    It's a New Day and I have no daycare kiddies today A nice day for Mommy and Daughter time. Thank you all for the kind words. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I hope everyone has a great day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyFarm For This Useful Post: