Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What to charge???

Hi!

Long story, but I have recently agreed to care for a 13 month old boy 3/4 mornings a week, just for this month. My usual part time rate is $45 per day but I have never had a part day rate. I have no idea what I should charge them as he leaves before lunch! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Euphoric !
    My rates that would cover this situation are what I use when a child is integrating. It is $15 for a morning or afternoon if they are picked before lunch or arrive after lunch. It includes one snack. If they add lunch to either session it is an extra $5.

The fact he is there half a day but no lunch if you told the mom $20 a day that is probably a good rate. And it isn't something that is going to run long term.

Shy
    Thanks playfelt! I went with $25 and she was happy!!!

Im starting to notice how much childcare fees fluctuate depending on where you live!? WOW. here in wellington county in Ontario, fees range currently from $15 for under 3 hours to $25 for up to 4 hours. $35 for an 18mo old and older full day or $40 for a baby under 18months in a licensed private home. county providers also get an early arrival incentive if before 630am or after 6pm , or weeend care of around $2.50 per day. Please see my letter I wrote proposing for increased fees and changed ministry rules..i just posted it good luc wiht your family, sounds lie you charged an approp. rate to me!