Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Queen's Park Press Conference

Please find attached the media statement put out today by Heidi Higgins of CICPO at Queen's Park. She did a great job and we have the support of Garfield Dunlop (MPP and Education Critic). It was a smashing success and I expect we'll see more about Bill 10 in the media very soon.

Final Queens Park copy (1).docx
    Last edited by cfred; 10-08-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Well said!

Euphoric !
    Heidi was brilliant and Garfield couldn't have been more supportive. Little did we know until after the conference, but CPAC transmits the conference live to all in Queen's Park. Liz Sandals or one of her cohorts definitely saw it. Now to wait and see what happens. Our short term goal is to get the committee to travel before it passes. We have a good shot at this, with the help of the Education Critic and PC party. If this happens, we all get our voices heard from region to region.

Please see my post about the Provincial Day of Action. We're planning to hold it in various cities across Ontario. It's only 2 hours out of one Sunday. Urge your families, friends, clients and children to attend, in addition to providers. After yesterday's events, upcoming debate in Parlaiment by PCs, we have a very good shot at getting this bill amended. BUT we need everyone to participate in this! Come on ladies...this is for your jobs, your clients and the betterment of our industry! I saw many, many providers posting frantically online when this bill was introduced. It's time to ante up and help change this for all of us. CICPO is handing you this chance for change. Let's run with it! Many areas have leaders already in place who are prepared to set it up. You just have to rally the troops.

Expansive...
    Sooooo amazing C! We'll be at the Oakville Town Hall with bells on!!!!!!

Euphoric !
    So happy to hear that Wonderwiper! I was actually going to message you later via FB. I know we could count on you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Heidi was brilliant and Garfield couldn't have been more supportive. Little did we know until after the conference, but CPAC transmits the conference live to all in Queen's Park. Liz Sandals or one of her cohorts definitely saw it. Now to wait and see what happens. Our short term goal is to get the committee to travel before it passes. We have a good shot at this, with the help of the Education Critic and PC party. If this happens, we all get our voices heard from region to region.

Please see my post about the Provincial Day of Action. We're planning to hold it in various cities across Ontario. It's only 2 hours out of one Sunday. Urge your families, friends, clients and children to attend, in addition to providers. After yesterday's events, upcoming debate in Parlaiment by PCs, we have a very good shot at getting this bill amended. BUT we need everyone to participate in this! Come on ladies...this is for your jobs, your clients and the betterment of our industry! I saw many, many providers posting frantically online when this bill was introduced. It's time to ante up and help change this for all of us. CICPO is handing you this chance for change. Let's run with it! Many areas have leaders already in place who are prepared to set it up. You just have to rally the troops.
    Where are all the locations posted cfred? I'm not on FB so if you could perhaps send me a link or point me in the right direction to find out my closest area I'd really appreciate it...thanks

Euphoric !
    I'll let you via PM once we have locations sorted out, Bright sparks. All the chapter leads are talking to people now trying to secure venues. Where are you again? PM me your location...I think you've told me before, but I've forgotten. I'll find the one closest to you. Since we don't have leads for every city, you might have to drive a smidge to get to the closest one.

Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    I'll let you via PM once we have locations sorted out, Bright sparks. All the chapter leads are talking to people now trying to secure venues. Where are you again? PM me your location...I think you've told me before, but I've forgotten. I'll find the one closest to you. Since we don't have leads for every city, you might have to drive a smidge to get to the closest one.
    Thanks a lot I really appreciate it and as for the driving, it's a none issue.

Outgoing
    It'll be a few days before most of us secure a location, I think. We're trying to find public spaces with good exposure that don't cost an arm and a leg for a permit from the city - unfortunately harder than we thought! As cfred said, if anyone is looking for their closest team lead, just post your city here and we can get you in touch with them.

Euphoric !
    Come on ladies....we need more of you to get on board with this! I know lots of you were in here when the bill was introduced and NONE of you were too pleased about it. We don't have the luxury of apathy at this time. It will affect each and every one of you and your clients. Lots of us are out here spending countless hours of our free time, our own money and losing sleep over fighting back at Bill 10 and preserving the profession we ALL enjoy. We have a very good chance! With PC backing, we have a better shot than ever and word is getting out there!

If you haven't already joined CICPO, please follow the link, find your city's representative and find out where your nearest Provincial Day of Action (Oct 26th from 10am-12pm) is being held. Anyone in Newmarket, ours will be at the Riverwalk Commons (where the Farmer's Market and festival tents set up. There will be face painting and balloons for the kids and some good information for everyone else. Let's show Education Minister Sandals what we've got!
    Last edited by cfred; 10-10-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo