Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Sadly, Cfred, it is much easier to bitch and complain anonymously online than actually do something.

Oakville Town Hall at 1225 Trafalgar Road 10am.

Euphoric !
    I can see that loads of people have been viewing these posts. I have no doubt that many of those people were the very ones flipping out about this bill when it was first introduced. Complaining online is doing absolutely squat to help your situations. Nothing. The ground work has been laid by a handful of people who are working their tails off for this very important industry and all those who enjoy it. People are fighting and we're making significant headway. All we're asking is for a little of that same enthusiasm that went into panicking to go into fighting. If this bill passes, I know all those same people are going to be in here singing the blues about it and complaining about the damage to their businesses and livelihoods...and you'd be absolutely right in doing so. But doesn't it seem more productive to take some time to make a change? Thank you to all those who signed the petitions, sent out letters, called MPPs. I know it's time consuming...I get it. I'm no less busy than anyone else, with 3 kids, a business, a home and some semblance of a social life. But this is crucial to our livelihoods. We all need it! I know some will say that 'you can't fight city hall'. That is absolutely not true! You can, but you have to fight with everything you've got! Those of us heading up cities have already begun preparations for our Day of Action. We're doing the leg work..the hard part. All the rest of you have to do is show up, bring your enthusiasm for this profession...and maybe a sign. We've made it as easy as possible....it's even on a Sunday and it's only 2 hours out of your life, but your attendance would be so greatly appreciated. We've worked hard for all of you and would really like to see our efforts not be for nothing....for all of us.

For those who don't wish to participate in this effort, we would expect that there won't be any complaining online in the future should this bill pass.
    Last edited by cfred; 10-10-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Shy
    is there anything in Durham (Oshawa) area?

Expansive...
    DCMG....here are the contact details for the Durham team leader!

Emily Allison - emilyallison@rogers. com
    FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/336620429843629/

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by homeschoolmom View Post
    Please keep in mind that many of us who have viewed this thread may not respond to it, but may be doing what they can in their own community (myself included).
    Thank you, homeschoolmom, for your response. I do appreciate those who have put in effort....we all do. Please understand the frustration - in setting all of this up, we have been met with almost crippling apathy. For all the screaming that was happening online when this all started I was sure providers would be keen to be part of a group who would actually do something about it...and we have been. My goodness...we actually got political backing and a press conference at Queen's Park!!! That's huge! But when it actually came down to doing something, people just vanished. I emailed and individually called approximately 80 providers in my area alone. The typical response was chirping crickets. Those who said they were on board and wanted to help just vaporized when it came down to actually doing something. No one wants to inconvenience their clients or take a day off work, so we've booked the day of action for a Sunday. Nope....still not willing to budge. I'm at a loss. Do I particularly want to stand outside, with a sign, in my town on a Sunday morning when I could be in bed, cuddling with my guy? Not particularly. Can I think of more enjoyable things to spend my money on than rally signs, face paint and balloons? Probably. Could I afford to lose a day's wages for a trip to Queen's Park? Definitely not. But it's all important and part of a bigger picture. We have such a good shot here, but we need everyone to push this with us. For the first time since the bill was introduced and we were all deemed unsafe/irresponsible/illegal/legislation dodging by the Liberals and media alike, I have been given the pride in my job/industry back - a fact I attribute this wholly to the efforts of the CICPO. I believe this group will go beyond just the fiasco that is Bill 10....I believe this is the start of a better system for all of us. I would love to see all other providers take part in this and stand up for the betterment of an important industry.

Our best shot at changing the bill is to stand together as a group with a unified voice and message. For the apathetic, if you think this bill won't affect you, you're absolutely wrong. This affects every single provider in Ontario. Those who run a respectable, law abiding business will feel the financial punch of the 2 under 2 restriction and for those who don't and carry on with illegal attendance and a shoddy business practice, be assured that I and many like me will be more than happy to report you. I'm done with apathy. I love my career and have worked my tail off building a successful business. I'll be damned if I'm going to let one more self serving, crappy provider compromise the reputation of everyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Sorry can anyone tell me where ottawa will be meeting

Here Here, Well Said!!!!! What i want to see is something that is nation wide. Also it would be nice if we could get what the states does and get a food credit. Also, is the government going to offer a top off for the income that we will loose?

Euphoric !
    33 Daiseys - Heidi, Kim and Veronica were talking about having it at Parlaiment Hill last I heard. Whether that's changed, I couldn't say. I only know where mine is.....will have a look and find out. And thanks....nice to know some are out there giving it a shot

Euphoric !
    33 Daiseys...I just read online that the Ottawa DOA will be at the Human Rights Monument...double check on CICPO page though.