Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Questions regarding meals and children not eating

I am posting this for a member who has a concern. She would welcome any advice you can off her.
    there was an incident with the daycare I was working when the Director of the daycare let the infants and toddlers starve because these kids can not eat the food they prepared. It was chips with ground beef, dressed with cheese (same as the tacos). when they serve the food, it was already cold, dry and hard. Obviously, the infants and toddlers cannot eat it. we asked for an alternate food for these kids but the director of the daycare said no. She said that the kids should be disciplined. they need to eat whatever we prepare. so, what happened then was the kids did not eat their lunch and was put to nap. We have a toddler who was shaking when she gets hungry.

I know that the government cannot tolerate this thing. I am just wondering where can I file my complaint against this director? Is there a law against this action in the first place?

Euphoric !
    It depends on the province she is in. She would complain to whoever makes the rules for daycares. In Ontario we have the Day Nurseries Act and the ministry of social services, etc. A complaint to anyone would help her get the names of who she needs to deal with. There was a daycare in our area closed down for a similar offence. Many daycares purchase their meals from a catering company that then delivers them to the daycare daily as compared to cooking on site. There is a chance the menu was changed without the directors knowledge but so what the reaction was not appropriate.