Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scam email

Scam email

I received an email from Smith, Dawkins <smithdawkins@icloud .com> a few weeks a go that she is in Mexico and didn't fund daycare for her 3 years old boy. after a week she send me a photo from family. I told her when come back Canada we can meet together and see her son. after two weeks she told my son is sick and have to stay in Mexico till 28 OCT so I send you a money order by my associate (Sally E. Oric) and I was surprise how can she trust me. It was red flag for me and search in internet and see this forum. I know this email is scam and didn't receive this money order till now. Do you think it's better that I will write the envelop of mail (if I received it) word of return and do not accepted this mail? thanks for your help.

Outgoing
    Yes this is a scam, I would take the money order to your local police, the police are aware of this scam. Do not cash it, it will bounce.

Outgoing
    Take the money order to the police. It will be fake anyway. Don't answer any more e-mail from these people. Now the fake money order has been sent, they will begin to apply pressure to you for the return of their money.
    This is how their scam works - they play on honest, good people and convince them (you) that they need their money back, (are starving, have medical expenses, a sick child, a death in the family) whatever they feel will work to make you pay up before the money order is revealed as fake.
    Don't open their e-mails as it will play on your mind. Understand that they are master manipulators who will beat you with experience every time. Save yourself the heart-brake and self-doubt.

Thank you my friends for your help. If I received money order I will take to police. thanks a gain.

When I receive these emails (I got this precise one), I say, "unfortunately, I have a strict policy of meeting parent and child before I give away a vacancy".

This stops any further correspondence.

I just got a cheque today for way more than I needed, from a U.S address from Sally Oric? The same story, her son got sick in mexico, her associate sends the deposit, which is not even close to the correct amount, and wants me to deduct the deposit I asked for, and send the rest back to Mexico so she can pay her son's hospital bill?? She wants to be guaranteed a spot in our preschool program!! Incredible!!!

I got the same email with the same story saying she's (Aril Dawkins) looking for a daycare provider for her 3 year old son "Brian". Sent me a picture of both of them. Then sent me a cheque for more than I asked for. Said it was sent by her colleague Sally E Oric. Asked me to send the remaining balance for her son's hospital bill.
    I knew it was a scam right away and replied that she can pay me when we meet in person but I will not cash the cheque or send any payment to Mexico. After that reply she never wrote back. This is a scam and be aware.

This is the email conversations between this gentleman and I

Greetings,

I'm Mr Young. We are relocating to your area and we need a daycare to register our soon as possible.

I will like to know if you have open space now on in November for our son and i will like to know your rates as well. We will always drop our son at your location by 9 AM to 3 PM or 4 PM from Monday to Friday.

Please get back to me on time if you have open for our son and let me know your rates, so i can get back to you on tome

I will be waiting for your quick response.
    Thanks

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry. I am a private dayhome. I charge $700 per month for full time care. You can call me to set up an interview time. 403 541 0720. How old is your son, what is his name and does he have any allergies/food restrictions? Those times/days work for me.
    Let me know what works for you to come by for an interview.

Also I was just wondering how you found out about my dayhome?
    (End of first email)

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for my late response we have been very busy. We are Canadian working and living in Mexico City, Mexico for the past 6 years, it's time to relocate back to Canada on 15th of November 2014. I would have loved to call you but our work timing will not allow me to and i will need a calling card to do so, that's why i chose emailing for proper registration process ahead our arrival.

Our son's name is Daly, he's date of birth is: September 3rd 2011.

We want our son to start soon. I will be happy if you can tell me about how save, clean and comfortable is your place for children? Please tell me about your daily routine, meals and your experience.

I will get back to you with all the necessary information you need to know about my son and our picture as soon as i hear from you.

Thanks

Hi there.
    I have had a dayhome since January 2003 and have my own kids

Yes my home is clean and safe.I don't follow a schedule but have activities for the kids- lots of toys,play dough, coloring, painting crafts and outside time too. What does your son like to do or play with?

I am a chef by trade and serve healthy snacks and lunches everyday. If you have food restrictions please let me know.

Will you have a job right away when you arrive?

How did you find out about my dayhome? I need to know that please. I don't advertise so I need to know how you know about me.
    Thanks Crystal
    ( end of email #2)
    Hi,

I am very happy to receive your detailed response to my questions. We are happy and comfortable to put our child in your daycare.

Our son is toilet trained. Our son don't have allergies or dietary restrictions and don't need any special care. He's just a normal loving kid, very active with good behavior and no temperament. Our son walk smartly on his own without stroller. His already potty trained. Our son can start by 17th of November, but if 17th of November is not available, you can give us any other start date according to your opens.

I will like to know if their will be a registration fee or any additional charges before starting? I have attached our family picture with this message, so you can know what we all look like, the picture include all of us including our second child Jason, his just 3 months old. Please don't forget we are registering only Daly for now.

Please get back to me on my question on if their will be any additional charges for registration as soon as you can.

Thanks

I still did not get a response on how you found out about my dayhome. If you cannot answer me on this I unfortunately cannot accept your son. I do not advertise so I really need to know how you got my info. It is a safety issue for not only my family but my dayhome kids as well.
    Thanks for understanding.
    Crystal
    (End of email #3)

My wife had a similar experience

My wife recently received a response to an ad she placed on kijiji about childcare. The person was looking for care for a 3 year old boy, and wanted to know about daily and weekly rates. My wife responded with her rates, and the following is a copy of the response she received this evening.

Greetings!

Sorry for my late response, your message went straight into my junk folder, i was very lucky to found it. I would have loved to call you but we are presently on vacation and calling you will not be convenient for me, that's why i chose email for proper understanding.

I will be dropping him at your place by*9 AM*and pick him by*4 PM*from Monday to Friday. But if you do not have an available spot from Monday to Friday, let me know the available time you have presently on your part-time spot.

My son's name is Davis, he was born on:October 23rd 2011.*

It will be great for him to start soon. I will be happy if you can tell me about how save, clean and comfortable your place is for children? Please tell me about your daily routine, meals and your experience.

I will get back to you with all the necessary information you need to know about my son and our picture as soon as i hear from you.

Thanks*

This was sent to her by harisweber@icloud.co m.

Since my June posts about scammer "Wess Pinet" I now have another one e-mailing me as: Jimmy Hazel Dadson..(jimmydadson @icloud.com).....bas ically same story as poor "Wess" there...single Dad, bla bla, 3 year old son...a co-incidence this kid's name is "Andy" too? This time I told him it was by appointment only, I only choose via parent interview...and then I asked him if he goes by the alias of Wess Pinet....I don't think these people keep any record of who they've tried to scam before.............. ...why the hell the Ottawa police won't follow up on all the leads they've had................. .
    PLEEZE be aware...don't be desperate to take anyone unless you meet them in person AND get a cash deposit. Drafts are no longer cash...