Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Glad it went well for you!! I agree with others, that's not what a friend should act like.

I have cared for one friend's child and while it did go okay and we are still friends, I do try to avoid friends as much as possible.

I may be taking on a family member's child in the new year and I'm still trying to decide if it's what I want to do. They are looking for other care but would like to come here if I have the space. I just don't want to get into situations like yours so I usually just avoid it all together!!

There are only certain friends and family I would look after without a hesitation!

Expansive...
    It changes things so much though ! I don't think I could provide care for my friends or family ! Right now I'm doing care for my friends friend . It has really changed how I can go out and vent ! Not that there is a problem at all with the little one but it almost feels like three way relationship . With family I guess it depends on your family !

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondtimearound View Post
    It changes things so much though ! I don't think I could provide care for my friends or family ! Right now I'm doing care for my friends friend . It has really changed how I can go out and vent ! Not that there is a problem at all with the little one but it almost feels like three way relationship . With family I guess it depends on your family !
    I agree, it changes how and who we can vent too! My family ran a restaurant so I know what it's like to work with/for family and it can be rough at times! If it's my side of the family, I have no issue taking them on because we can hash it out and move on. However this child is my fiances cousins child....they are fine, normal, so far seem to have the potential to be a great dc family and can afford me. I'm not overly close to them but they are very nice, same age as us and my fiancé and her were close as kids/teens. If it all works out I will likely take them on as she is quite terrified of finding quality care thanks to some stories friends have told her and a few experiences she's had with her nieces daycares. She doesn't know how easy she will find it to trust someone she doesn't know.

I just like to avoid awkward situations with people I know and for that reason I've limited my risk of this by not taking on friends and family. I have two friends who I would take on in a heartbeat though as I know our friendships could handle it. But there's always that "what if" I guess....lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Glad that you talked to her and you feel better now!

Expansive...
    Exactly !! Especially when your doing a good job and they find a small issue and suddenly there's awkwardness !!! I'm horrible in those situations !! My younger sister is brilliant at handling things !! I'm more like "what !!!!"
    I like to be unfiltered on girls night !!! Lol

Euphoric !
    lol....I am so unfiltered!! It comes in handy with dcparents though because I can usually tell them things that are bothering in me in a non confrontational way. I am definitely getting better at biting my tongue though as I get older haha. If I'm tired or cranky though, watch out....my true feelings don't hide!!!

Most of my friends and family know how I am and know how I "parent" my daycare children so that right away takes away some of the unknown lol. The two friends who I would take on are pretty much identical in regard to my methods but know that if something were to be different, they are okay with it because they know their child would be well looked after here. Unfortunately, only one lives in the same city as me

Expansive...
    Good for you 3Littlemonkeys
    I sure that was a hard talk but you did it