Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I do prefer when parents keep me in the loop but it's also a bad thing....now I'll be uneasy until closer to next Fall when I know what everyone is doing! The preschool ones may not leave because they don't want to loose their space here and both moms aren't sure if they can manage to get them back and forth to ps as some are just half days. They don't have jobs that allow them to leave during the day. The parents going to school are also not sure what they're doing. If they can't get subsidy through the college for Childcare they will have to leave for cheaper care.

Next Fall an old coworker turned casual friend wants a spot for her child and a mat leave mom also goes back to work then but is unsure if they can afford 2 spots in my dc. It's not fun not knowing!!

I have no children of my own but we are trying. It makes me uneasy though because that would take up a paying spot. It's very stressful not having a consistent and reliable income but for now, the pros still outweigh the cons.

Good luck to you if you decide to work out of the home again!! I imagine it's a hard decision to make!

Expansive...
    I love this job ( most days !!) and wish I would of started earlier . Having my one child at home , she will be 7 next year and I homeschool . I'm seeing a ceiling !! The last year was fun for her as she was 5 and "friends" were a novelty . This year I've noticed she is more frustrated . I am pretty sure I will close in June . We are thinking/planning a month travelling to reward everyone . It's hard to think of it really but in my case it doesn't make sense to be at home Monday to Friday when my family's lifestyle can allow us to homeschool while we travel or visit family or go places and experience things .
    I wish I would of started in her 2 nd year . I'm now organizing myself towards "the plan".
    Sorry I went off topic , I was thinking of your posts , I was thinking I will miss not having my dcks until they go off to school !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Wish me luck! I have a double interview tonight. First time I've done one like this, but they are acquaintances of each other from daycare. Their current provider is closing her doors and since I have 2 spots available....I would then be up to 4.5 daycare children. It's been a very slow 6 months. And the bonus for me...they are 2 girls 2.5 and 3.5.yrs of age.

This business certainly has it's highs and lows. It would be great to be full again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by daycaremom9 View Post
    I'll never forget when I lost 4 of my clients early on but can't remember why aside from one that was sending her son to the preschool at school. She worked from home and didn't really need daycare anymore. Anyway I was quite upset that I lost pretty well all my clients. I didn't realize that it wasn't that rare for that to happen. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one that this happens to.
    Judy Tricket has helped me a lot. I went from 8 months with a couple of calls and not interviews to at least 1 or 2 calls every week. She's awesome with marketing. She has also helped me to fine tune my business and now I have increased my income and improved the way to handle clients to make this business more motivating. I am also at full capacity. Even one family just left I already had their replacement signed on for January. I did not want to enroll a family earlier since I want to enjoy my newborn without a transition for the rest of this year.

She helped me when I was facing a very bad reputation (because the girl that died on a overcrowded home daycare, which is also the cause of Bill 10, was very close to my place). Also parents first choice here are daycare centers, then nannies and at the very bottom are home daycare. On top of that I was pregnant, but that did not turned off the family that I enrolled on June.

Her coaching site is: http://www.daycarecoaching.com/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post: