Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Bill 10 - Second reading

For those of you not on facebook,

Bill 10 is going to second reading on Oct 22!

The PC education critic, Garfield Dunlop, is backing CICPO 100% and he will be speaking and presenting letters on our behalf before the second reading on Wed.

Please email him at garfield.dunlop@pc.o la.org and let him know how this bill will affect your business. Encourage your clients to do the same.

We have a really good shot at getting this Bill changed!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    CICPO has made incredible strides over the past couple months. The press conference with Garfield Dunlop (Education Critic) was a massive step in the right direction. I can say from our morning with him that he does, as jodaycare says, support us 100%. It is my understanding that he'll have an hour to go at them and said he intends to use his hour for this! And it's not just Garfield behind us....other powerful people are backing us. Our shot isn't just good....it's excellent! BUT, we still need all of you to help. We will not get another chance like this.

Get your letters in to Garfield. He said he wants as many as he can get his hands on from providers and families alike. The more the better! There is no more time to sit back and watch. If you want amendment to Bill 10, this is it. We have to pull out all the stops right now. If we get our way on Tues, we will get committee to travel, which means each region will have a voice. This is so incredibly important. And I can't say much now, but watch on Tuesday and it will be more clear...it's going to be a good one! You won't want to miss it. We at CICPO are pretty much busting at the seams and look forward to a wild ride next week.

Rallies are being held next Sunday (Oct 26th) at various cities across the province from 10am-12pm. If you've not committed to it yet, join on the main CICPO FB page, find the location nearest you and make a point of being there. This is not an event to 'work into your schedule'. If you care about your business and fair treatment for your profession you'll work the rest of your schedule around this. It's only 2 hours....not a big deal and well worth the effort.

Outgoing
    I sent my letter last night, and I texted all of my parents and they are going to send letters as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks jodaycare! That's excellent! We need more like you