Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Halloween ideas ?

I need help with Halloween party ideas !! Please !
    Halloween isn't really my thing , but I would like to do a party with my dayhome .
    A special lunch and treat bag is what I have so far , I'm wondering what everyone else is doing !!
    Thank you !!!!!

Euphoric !
    We will probably decorate pumpkin shaped cookies, maybe I'll make a "pin the face on the jackolantern" out of felt, my group loves glow sticks and dance parties so this will be on the agenda, some dance freeze etc. I was thinking about asking some of my older neighbours if they will be home in the morning if we can come by in our costumes and I would give them some candy to hand out to my kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    The day of Halloween we have a small party. I ask the parents to send a costume and I put them in it around 930/10. We dance, show off their costumes. My fiancé will dress up as oscar the grouch and hand out the treat bags I made for them ( plastic gloves filled with chocolate bars, rubber spiders and snap bracelets). We will read Halloween stories that I haven't read yet. Lunch will be themed and a special treat for dessert. Some parents send treats so all those will be handed out but sent home to be opened.

We do a lot of art leading up to Halloween but I may do a small one that day. Some are planning on picking up early that day so the party is over at lunch so that after nap it's just free play and an easy snack. So glad it's a Friday this year and no dealing with tired children the next day lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    It will be Wednesday for me ! But thankfully my week ended there so no tired kids either !!! Thank you !!
    Good ideas !!!!

Expansive...
    My special Halloween art project this year is Fizzle Pumpkin Painting. Add baking soda to the paint and then after they are done painting their little pumpkins they get to put drops of vinegar on it and watch it fizz up. So combines art and science. Should be fun!

http://www.toddlerapproved.com/2012/...-painting.html

Also am making orange playdough and letting them use popcorn kernels to make jack o lantern faces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Sounds lots of fun !! The craft I am doing is decorating a pumpkin cut out with sparkly orange paper ! I had the idea of a treat bag but my group is hard to play games with . I have 3 that cry and whine when it's not their turn/or they don't win ! So we play games here but it's more work than fun !

Outgoing
    I wasn't going to do Gourd Monsters this year but some of the older children were looking forward to it.
    http://www.loveplayandlearn.com/2012...rs-review.html

We have a whack of paper plates so will do some of these ghosts.
    http://makobiscribe.com/paper-plate-...-preschoolers/

Yarn Pumpkins for the older children whilst little ones nap
    http://www.naturallyeducational.com/...picture-books/

Spiders - if doing these, I suggest painting one day and adding legs the next when the carton is completely dry. http://www.mamaslikeme.com/2012/10/e...n-spiders.html

Monsters and More from toilet roll tubes http://artsymomma.com/2011/10/9-toil...haracters.html

Milk Jug Jack-o-Lanterns - My teens did these last year to light up the drive way edge http://www.sproutonline.com/crafts-a...jack-o-lantern

We also make reverse toffee apples - half and core the apple, then pour the caramel inside the hollow. Once set, you can slice the apple.

Pin the tail on the black cat
    Find the pair - I print cards with Halloween themed items (black cat, witches hat etc) and then turn the cards face down and the kids have to take turns turning over two cards hoping to find a pair. It's a good memory game.
    Tin Can Toss with a beanbag or little sack ball - decorate the tins with Halloween characters
    Ring toss over witches hats
    Go to the dollar store and get a bowling game with the bowling pins. Wrap the pins in crepe paper strips so it looks like Mummy's with bandages. That's cute. Toilet Rolls tubes would work too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Wow thanks !!!

Outgoing
    We are having a black/orange day on Monday that we will be making pizza monsters and apple smiles. We will be making a Halloween craft as well. I'm thinking about doing the fizzle pumpkin painting, it sounds pretty fun! On Thursday we will have a Halloween party that the kids will be wearing their costumes. I've asked the parents to each bring something. I'll be buying back-up just in case though. We'll be decorating corn on cob coloring page with candy corn and watching a Halloween movie as well.
    Last year we played something like hockey but with pumpkins and brooms.
    I'll also be sending home gift bags but no candy.

Euphoric !
    I have a ton of tiny pumpkins....I'm going to the gourd monsters, thanks for the idea!! I hate just throwing them all out! Now the parents can LOL

Today we decorated the large pumpkins with potato head like pieces but Halloween ones. The kids love it and it entertains them so much more than watching me carve them!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: