Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poop Thrower

Starting to feel at home...

Poop Thrower

I need suggestions!!! I have a little girl that will be 2 in a few weeks. For quite awhile now, she will remove her diaper during nap time. As you can imagine, it has not ended well. Poop everywhere. Walls, all over her, in the mesh in the crib ect. I have requested that she be sent in onesies to reduce the amount that she can take her clothing off. That lasted for awhile. Today it happened again. Except this time, it was all over my carpet and in the other 2 cribs with sleeping babies. Sure enough, she was not in a onesie.

I told the father at pick up that it is mandatory that the daughter comes in onesies, and while he was standing there, the mom phoned. He explained the situation and I can hear her on the phone saying that having her in onesies is not going to stop it, because she takes them off at home.

I am at a lost. I really cant deal with the poop everywhere every other week. It is gross and now it is in the other kids cribs?! She is NOT ready to be out of diapers. I put her on the potty throughout the day, per parents request, and nothing. One pee in several months.

PLEASE HELP!

Euphoric !
    I'd ask them for a stack of onesies PLUS the zip up onesies pj's. Put both on her but with the pj one on backwards. They will need to have no feet or the feet cut off though.

I buy used things like this to have on hand and they've come in handy. I've only had poop feelers not throwers though!!! Yuck!!

I'd also invest in a video baby monitor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Lou

Outgoing
    I have a video monitor that I would use to catch her while she's still in the process of taking off her clothes. That's so gross!

Euphoric !
    If the parents are not seeing this as a major issue then I would give them a notice of probation. For them, more so than the child. Then as others have suggested have them supply a lot of onesies (or make it clear you will check each morning and if she's not in a onesie she is not be accepted into care).

Then use the footed zip pjs. On backwards as noted above. The footed ones work just fine...spin the legs so the feet are faced the right way and they still work just fine (my friend had to do this with their 2yr old).

Have the parents supply numerous sets of bedding and send them home to be cleaned (make sure you have enough to use the next day as they likely won't wash over night).

Put as much of the burden on the parents as you can so you are not left with a ton of extra work. They need to work on this at home as well...sounds like the child is doing it there too. Make it clear that with her being in a room with other children she cannot be throwing poop on the other sleeping children as it is a huge health issue therefore they need to be onboard with ending it and preventing it.

It's a stage that even the best raised children can go through...but the parents to need to own up to it and make your job as easy as they can during this stage. The more the parents resist and refuse to help the more responsibility I would throw at them (the laundry to wash, bills for cleaning, new playpen etc). If the parents are all on board with helping and ending it then I would just do everything you can and keep them up to date.

Outgoing
    I'd go to a store and purchase the onesie's that snap at the back. Just a couple. Keep them in your house.

Expansive...
    My own dd2 is a stripper too!! While she doesn't ever touch poop she certainly takes her diaper off....and there is not a onesie that can stop her!! I tape her diaper on. I'm serious ha ha!! Even then I have to wrap it fully around a few times. Works like a charm!!

Euphoric !
    The footed ones will work but IME, it has to be a size bigger or else it's too small and uncomfortable.

Suddenly my 'endless stream of snot' child doesn't seem so bad. Love the idea of the backward onesie!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Thanks everyone! I have suggested the backwards zippered sleeper, we shall see how that goes. I sent a message to the mother and she seemed to get quite defensive :/ *sigh*

Mom is probably defensive as no one likes their kid to have an issue...biter, poop thrower, whatever. I would be clear to the mom that this is not abnormal behavior just very disruptive and unsanitary, thus the extra work before she loses interest in poo.

Stick to your guns. Parents need to be contributors and work with their caregivers. This is a team sport