Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    haha, maybe! I always wonder what the kids go home and say about me because some of the stories I hear about the parents make me wonder!! LOL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Lol !!! Me too !! Usually during story , a little hand will wave and go on to tell some strange stuff !! I told a mom about some if the things her daughter was "sharing " lol we laughed !!! I did it mainly because I figured she was prob doing the same thing at home ! But mom said nope !!

Outgoing
    I wonder sometimes too. Especially after I heard one of the two year old boys telling a different mom what we had for lunch. As I listened, I realized that he was just saying whatever he could think of, instead of what he actually had. It was cute, because the made up version had a lot of veggies and other healthy things. Haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    Although it might be nice to have one, I'm not convinced it will actually be worthwhile (for me, anyway).

The only way another provider would call me about a child, is if they were told I was the current provider. And, although there are times in the past when I've taken a child who was leaving another carer, the information I've been given is that their current carer was closing or going on maternity leave. I have no way of validating that without knowing who their carer was.

To me, it seems that the parents hold the control as to two carers speaking to one another as the parents are the only ones who know the identities of both. If they are being less than honest, then they likely wouldn't be willing to link the carers and so a policy isn't going to help.

I think all it will do is keep the honest folk honest and the less than honest won't participate/share the information needed. Since you can't have a policy for every situation, it seems nice in theory but pretty useless in practice.
    I actually have a parent form requesting the name of the last daycare provider and why they were leaving. They have the option of filling it out but red flags are raised if they choose not to.