Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Newmarket providers!!!

To all Newmarket (and surrounding areas) Independent Childcare Providers -

Our Day of Action is coming up on Sunday, October 26th from 10am-12pm at Riverwalk Commons (where Farmer's Market sets up). I haven't scoped out a specific plot of land, but you'll see us.

There will be coffee, tea and Timbits, and for the kids we'll have face painting, balloons and bubbles. I've confirmed folk musicians for the event who are donating their time and even have some promotional giveaway gifts from a company who supports our cause.

The signs have been made...well...I'm still in the process, but I'm gaining.

Come down, bring your kids and invite your clients, family and friends. It would be greatly helpful, if you know you're going to attend, let me know. I'm buying one large 'barrel' of coffee and about 300 Timbits. I will need to know in advance if I must order more.

Please come down to Riverwalk Commons and show support for a cause that's fighting for ALL OF YOU and the industry we love!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Wow, Cfred it sounds like you have put in a lot of work! I was wondering if the day of actions were going to be postponed because of the events at Parliament yesterday (e.g. the media will be too busy covering this to bother with our little ol'cause). I hope your turn out is good.

Euphoric !
    Thanks torontokids! Yeah, it's been a lot of work. I was hopeful that others might step up and help, but having them just show up would be fine as well. So far, I have about 30 and one local politician has confirmed that he'll be there. Still working on the press, though I'm sure York Region Media Group would love for me to stop emailing them

Is Toronto having one? I've not heard much from Andrea...though she did an interview for CTV yesterday and was going to plug the event! Exciting!

Yes I was wondering why Toronto wasn't listed. Seems an obvious place to hold a day of action but it's neither listed nor is there any talk on here from Toronto providers about attending??