Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Elly what part of Ottawa are you in. I would let parents know and let them know what your plan is. Since it will be daytime hours for care unless you have only a basement playroom then you should be able to manage on daylight alone. Maybe not have activities such as crafts or book reading that require more precise movements and would strain the eyes without direct lighting but general play will be fine. Plan a cold plate of cubed ham, crackers, cheese, fruit, etc. and make it a party atmosphere to offset the dreariness of the day. There are battery operated tealights very cheap and would give light to darker areas if you are concerned about candles. Always a good idea to have a batch of flashights on hand for unplanned outages anyways and stood on a shelf they light up a large area.

Also if it is a planned outage it likely effects a large enough area that the children's homes would be effected too so closing really doesn't change life for the kids.
    I'm in the west end near College Square. I was just informed today, they were going to replace the hydro poles behind my house. Using large cranes with street closures. I decided today to close for the day without charge. I have one who's very afraid of trucks, and another who can't get enough of them The parents are fine with it. The power is off from 7:30-5:30, so I guess I'll be camping out at Timmies Thanks for all the suggestions!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    I'm in the west end near College Square. I was just informed today, they were going to replace the hydro poles behind my house. Using large cranes with street closures. I decided today to close for the day without charge. I have one who's very afraid of trucks, and another who can't get enough of them The parents are fine with it. The power is off from 7:30-5:30, so I guess I'll be camping out at Timmies Thanks for all the suggestions!
    Sometimes these scenerios just become a good way to take a well earned day off! Sure you could make it through the day by getting creative and winging it without power. But, parents can be pretty understanding as to why you choose to close when you have no power...so it doubles as a good mini break to come back refreshed!

Hope you enjoy your relaxing day off at Timmies!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post: