Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill 10 Update

Outgoing
    I am sad and angry! Although this bill will not affect me right away, I am sure in a year or two it will. Fortunately, my daughter is 21 and doesnt count in my numbers so I will hopefully continue with 5. I am planning on remaining unlicensed as it seems the only way the bill will allow licensing will be through an agency and I am not doing that. I am working hard to pay of my debts and my mortgage so hopefully by the time things get rough I can just retire.

Outgoing
    Here is a media release from MPP Dunlop, Pc Education critic

Garfield's media release from today!
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    November 4, 2014

Bill 10 “Child Care Modernization Act” Disgraceful
    MPP Dunlop upset time allocation motion not democratic

Queen’s Park – The Wynne Government has brought in a Time Allocation Motion ending 2nd reading debate after only six hours of Bill 10 the Child Care Modernization Act.

“This is a disgrace that impacts tens of thousands of Independent Daycare Providers across Ontario,” said Simcoe North MPP Garfield Dunlop.

The Time Allocation Bill intended to create a quick passage of Bill 10 means that there will be no opportunity for Bill 10 to be properly circulated for public input.

“As the PC Education Critic I have received hundreds of letters from Independent Childcare Providers and parents sharing their concerns around Bill 10. They want the chance to provide input before this Bill is passed.

“The Ontario Government’s plan to allow a few hours over a couple of days for the public to give input on Bill 10 at meetings in Toronto is not good enough. A committee needs to travel with this Bill right across the province,” explained Dunlop.

In the Ontario Legislature this morning Dunlop urged the government to consider travelling with Bill 10 over the winter months, then have third and final reading when they return in early February. He noted it would only mean a delay of seven or eight weeks.

“Bill 10 will affect over 300-thousand people. Parents and daycare operators should be outraged. It will mean a loss of 140 thousand daycare spaces. It needs to travel while it is in committee. I want to be sure that comprehensive consultation is done with the people this Bill is going to affect. Let’s get it right,” added Dunlop.

-30-

CONTACT: Jamie Hofing | 416-326-6457 | Jamie.Hofing@pc.ola. org

Euphoric !
    I've already heard Bright Sparks Needless to say, I had a bit of a cry last night...very upset that all that work was for nothing. Believe me, my MPPs receptionist is going to get blasted when Iget home. I even bought a phone package as she PROMISED she'd get in touch with me. I've been trying to get appt since JULY!!! I was online today with a connection I made at my rally to get some media attention. He's very interested in helping and wants to hold the video camera when I do an office ambush. I'm soooooo frickin' mad....this is not democracy....nothing more than autocracy. Disgusting! That DP wants to hear nothing from us or even to acknowledge our existence. I'm absolutely livid!

Ugh...but back to wine with my BFs mum while we wait for the boys to get back from sailing. At least I"m bitchy in bloody paradise

Outgoing

Euphoric !
    The liberals have a majority ..... This bill is going to pass and nobody has any say and the liberals want it passed as quickly as possible ..... I will not go with an agency and my youngest is 6 in aug I will continue on as I have been and there's the new income splitting now so if my income drops off significantly I'll take some of my hubby's and my child tax credit will go up as we will be making less as a family. Whatever !!!! But really the liberals have their heads up their ass and can't see the problem this is going to create all they see is the votes from people with rose colored glasses on thinking this is going to keep their kids safe .... Well the providers running over limit and therefore illegally are not going to all of a sudden decide to tow the line ....

I have no doubt this bill is going to pass. As Crayola kiddies said it's a majority government and so far they have made no effort to even answer questions presented to them by opposition let alone be open to entertaining the idea of making changes. My concern now is planning for the changes and being prepared. How are they going to deal with the masses of under two's in care that will suddenly put a provider over ratio? We have contracts generally stating a 2 to 4 week notice period for starters and then what do they plan to do with the immediate need of under 2 care? Are those kids going to be grandfathered in? Which seems a ridiculous notion because if their safety requires this bill to be passed so quickly then, how can it be okay in the next breath to allow kids already placed to stay in their spots making a provider over ratio??? Seems like these details have been greatly overlooked and I haven't heard any plan to handle this immediate aftermath of passing the bill as is. Anyone know anything I don't know??

Euphoric !
    bright sparks ...the government is just assuming all the providers are going to sign up with an agency ...this is where they are getting the added 6000 spaces....so the liberals with the rose colored glasses don't see a back lash or a fall out or a problem at all ,,,they just don't....they really cant grandfather anything in as far as I can tell cause then the new law will hold no water and if another child is harmed or dies while being grandfathered in the current daycare then the liberals will come under fire ....and then they will have providers lying and putting incorrect dates on contracts just to say they were there (or at least signed up)prior to the bill ..SWIM....the liberals think this is wonderful ......there can be petitions signed there can be protests there can be letters but none of it will make any difference because the stupid NDP's called a election which gave the liberals a majority ....I really think they were in cahoots together!

Well I for one hope it doesn't pass to quickly as I have 3 under 2 currently but two of them turn 2 in February. I will be royally pissed off if I have to give them notice for the sake of 4 weeks. That's a joke. Additionally, how does insurance work with Ontario providers registered with an agency currently? Is the insurance provided through the agency because to my knowledge there aren't any insurance companies providing insurance for 6 daycare kids, there are barely any offering 5 kids. This is what happens when policy is put in place by people without first hand knowledge and experience of the industry.

I personally think that petitions and rallies do have the potential to have impact, but in a case like this when the vast majority of providers have stayed silent, there isn't a united front delivered to the house. Had there been a greater number more indicative of the majority of the providers in the industry I believe it could have had a greater impact. It is a shame that those who are in the minority have worked their asses off to not be fully supported and for it then to not have a great impact on any type of change. Had everyone come together in our industry then things could have turned out very different and I think we may have been taken more seriously and someone may have been forced to respond. A small percentage of our industry is easy to ignore, the masses not so much.

Outgoing
    what EXACTLY will the new bill 10 say

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    what EXACTLY will the new bill 10 say
    Check out this website for a complete run down of the bill.

http://www.cicpo.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast