Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bill 10 Update

Outgoing
    Ministry of Education inspectors can walk into your home and inspect without a WARRANT!

Euphoric !
    I don't think so....if you're with an agency, yes, they can. If you're still private, I'm pretty sure they need a warrant. Don't quote me on it, but that was my understanding. This was one of the reasons I thought this bill was a bit of a head scratcher...it doesn't seem to really do much of anything to private so far as enforcement goes. People just won't take their kids out. It's still complaint driven, so not really amounting to much more security anyway. Stupid liberals.....absolut ely useless!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    If this bill passes...any idea what the effective date will be

Outgoing
    Getting caught with more than 5 or more than 2 under 2...$100,000 fine!

Expansive...
    It should be entertaining to say the least when/if the bill passes though. I am going to sit back and watch the shit hit the fans. Maybe then, when a whole lot of people get dumped out of daycare and the price for under 2 soars, maybe THEN parents will pull their heads out of their asses and realize hey, liberals are pretty stupid after all. Maybe providers should have been included in the discussion!?!? I honestly think there will be an uproar when this bill passes.

Outgoing
    Won't change the bill though

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    You're right, it won't. To little to late. People should have put as much effort into complaining about it 6 months ago into putting that into action. Lots of people have, but majority haven't and a lot of parents seem to be unbelievably dismissive of this even being something worth worrying about. I'm grateful for those who have at least tried to fight this but ultimately I feel that we don't stand a chance if people don't follow up talk with action. I know for sure a number of people who will have no time and zero tolerance for those who complain about the bill once it's passed but did nothing to at least "try" to affect change to the bill. I myself am feeling defeated and think that some of the action taken was good while others could have been executed much better but I wrote letters, attended day of action and can say I tried my personal best to be involved and represent my industry. It may have been for nothing, almost certainly, but I think for myself it was better to have tried and failed than not at all. For goodness sakes I am leaving the industry in less than a year for school. If for no other reason than child safety I felt it my duty as a provider of 9 years and a mother of two to speak up for the fact that this bill does nothing to make children safer. That's my biggest pet peeve. It's just a for profit bill of BS in my opinion but I do believe strongly having worked in this capacity in another countries home daycare setting that there should be licensing, there should be ratios and there should be mandatory training, upgrading and regular consistent inspections for all. That is how we ensure children's safety not with this stack of liberal toilet paper they dare to call a bill.

Rant over ladies haha
    Last edited by bright sparks; 11-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    I disagree. If the effects of this bill are as bad as many have predicted, the government will be forced to backpedal or make changes or do SOMETHING. We don't have to bend over and take whatever the gov gives us. When/if a daycare shortage occurs in Ontario and parents can no longer participate in the workforce something will have to be done.

I just don't think parents realize YET the impacts this will have. They will when it does.

Outgoing
    Absolutely....becaus e when this bill does take effect....the one child I am over is "by by"....with no notice! she can stay til then...I have talked with her about it when I took her little one on....so no need to give notice...I told her it would be IMMEDIATELY! SHE WAS THE LAST IN....SO FIRST OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    I disagree. If the effects of this bill are as bad as many have predicted, the government will be forced to backpedal or make changes or do SOMETHING. We don't have to bend over and take whatever the gov gives us. When/if a daycare shortage occurs in Ontario and parents can no longer participate in the workforce something will have to be done.

I just don't think parents realize YET the impacts this will have. They will when it does.
    It's pretty obvious how this will effect the home daycare providers but I am in constant awe at how parents don't seem to realize that it screws them over the most. They will lose their jobs because of the lack of daycare spots for under 2's leaving all sorts of industries effected. Some providers have said they were considering having another child but are now reconsidering, it's on mass for the parents who consider growing their brood and then how about all those parents who don't even know the law, don't research and go ahead and have more babies to suddenly realize they can not return to work although, that mortgage still has to be paid....oh the potential ramifications are endless.

The bill will just result in a childcare crisis that's for sure.