Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

The way i feel today....

I feel so crappy it's taking everything in me not to burst into tears right now. I messed up my back last week, my dreaded monthy came in the middle of the night, I managed to get less then 2 hours of sleep, and on top of everything the weather sucks today.
    We have sory time in an hour and I am trying to get my get up and go but its just so hard today.
    I really wish that I had taken a sick day, but I feel so guilty about doing it.
    Help, words of comfort, a hammer anything will help.

Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    I feel so crappy it's taking everything in me not to burst into tears right now. I messed up my back last week, my dreaded monthy came in the middle of the night, I managed to get less then 2 hours of sleep, and on top of everything the weather sucks today.
    We have sory time in an hour and I am trying to get my get up and go but its just so hard today.
    I really wish that I had taken a sick day, but I feel so guilty about doing it.
    Help, words of comfort, a hammer anything will help.
    Crappy sure sounds like the most appropriate word that's for sure. So sorry this is all happening for you right now. How about you give yourself a break from routine today aside from meal times and naptimes and have a relaxed free play day or "OH MY GOODNESS" put a movie on. This is a perfect example of a day when the kids can be allowed to have a day of independent play. It's one day, maybe two if you still aren't up to par tomorrow. It sounds like you need to look after you better and this way there is less pressure on you to "perform" Feel better soon...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree with bright. Take the day off as much as you can....the kids will be fine! Pick an easy lunch ( also easy clean up) and if you can, rest during naptime as well!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Agree. I was sick last week and as much as I tried to work through it I couldn't. We have had some lazy days lately. If you can't do it though don't feel bad. Phone your families and ask for a noon pickup, tell them you hurt your back and although you thought you could manage it you cannot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    and most of all look forward to this evening when you can just sit and chill. I hope you feel better real soon. I hurt my back years ago and couldn't even turn over when laying down, had to be carried to the bathroom. It's horrible.

Thank you all for your support. I know that it sounds whiny to complain about working when so many need jobs. So I very much appreciate not being burned at the cross.
    All of my families know that I struggle some days I have fibromylgia and endrometrisous (?), and unfortunately the weather lately hasn't helped.
    I feel so guilty if I cant"Pull it together" at least for the morning. kwim? I am know sitting on the couch with my feet up, with both a heating and ice pack. I have a colouring activity, and 37 new books from the library, so should be able to get through th next few hours with out much problem.

Euphoric !
    I feel for you!! I have arthritis in my back and this weather is the shits for it! I went to chiro yesterday, have to go again tomorrow and once more next week and I have a massage scheduled for the weekend. I haven't slept well in god knows how long and most days I run on very little energy. The need to push through and get things done is what powers me. However, every now and than I am learning that a day of free play, no art and an easy menu won't harm the kids! Once I took a bit of the pressure off me to be super dcprovider, I have had better days!

Enjoy your evening tonight and I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Expansive...
    I feel for you !!!! I agree !! This is the time to put a movie on and remember your only human !!! I'm juggling closing , moving , pms and my dh is working on his car ( know that song the leg bone connects .... Well sing it to bought a new carb , then a battery ..... It's endless frustration and $$$)
    My dck have been horribly grouchy and nap has turned into revolving times !!! One is teething , one didn't sleep , 2 are just cranky !!!
    My own dd was sent upstairs for losing it and I'm trying to pull it around !! I'm so sad to dissolve my playroom /dayhome but soo excited too !!!
    So in a long winded way , I'm there with you !! Minus the back pain !!! Thankfully !!! I hope you feel better soon and treat yourself well !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    Thank you all for your support. I know that it sounds whiny to complain about working when so many need jobs. So I very much appreciate not being burned at the cross.
    All of my families know that I struggle some days I have fibromylgia and endrometrisous (?), and unfortunately the weather lately hasn't helped.
    I feel so guilty if I cant"Pull it together" at least for the morning. kwim? I am know sitting on the couch with my feet up, with both a heating and ice pack. I have a colouring activity, and 37 new books from the library, so should be able to get through th next few hours with out much problem.
    I have endo and it's a real obstacle in functioning even basically some days so I genuinely feel your pain but paired with FM I can't imagine! I have managed to get into a groove so I can manage those bad days. If it makes you feel any better, maybe giggle worthy picturing my day, I am feeling in pretty good health today, but my kitchen flooded during nap time. Fortunately all my babies were upstairs napping so the blue air was only on the ground floor.....was already trying to push replacing my kitchen till the new year as it is, but now that doesn't seem likely :-( kitchens really clean now though at least lol