Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Ontario Providers- will your fees increase ?

I am curious what you will all do if Bill 10 passes?

Will you be raising your wages? By how much?

Euphoric !
    I will be raising my rates for new clients using the under age 2 spaces by about $5 a day so another $25 a week. I won't be raising the rates for current clients or for those with children over age 2 entering care other than each time I have spaces to fill I assess what the average rates are in my area (using daycarebear search for your area is the best way to get this info).

Outgoing
    Yep, gonna have to. I have to go from 5 dckids to 3. I have 2 sets of siblings and a singleton. She's going to have to go, because she's only here until April and I'm giving her a discount. Unfortunately I have no idea where she's going to go, but I can't afford to keep her. I have to let the sibling of my 21m dcb go, so he may go as well. My other sibling group have been here a year and a half, but I'm going to have to raise their rates to afford to stay open. There's no way around it, unfortunately. Everyone I've spoken to in my area are also saying the same thing. Average rates here are fairly low, if I cut 2 spaces, I'll be making under 20 grand before taxes, expenses, and everything else. We can't survive on that.

I just got 2 calls this morning for daycare, one for a spot on December and the other right away, but I don't have spaces available. I cannot imagine what would happen if this bill is passed as is. People will be scrambling to find daycare.

Since I will have to let go 2 kids, I will be increasing the fees of the rest to cover expenses. How much would depend on the demand and how many people would be competing for the spots I have. I am thinking around $70 under 2yo (I currently charge $50) since this is what most parents around here pay to nannies per day and some had told me they would pay that if I had a license. For over 2yo the fee will go up too since I think there will be shortage of spaces for all ages since some daycare will be closing and others will have to let go even older kids to stay within ratios.

I also will be reporting any illegal daycare in my area. If illegal daycares operating are shut down there will be even more families looking for care, hence we can charge accordingly to cover expenses and stay in business. Playing by the same rules is only fair
    Last edited by Artsand crafts; 11-10-2014 at 12:37 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    If the bill goes through as is, I'll have to raise my prices to cover the cost of the part timer I'll have to term. due to having to include my own 4 year old in the numbers! Forewarned all of my parents, and they all completely understand....it's out of my hands.

Outgoing
    Arts and Crafts....where abouts in Ontario do you live...people will pay $70.00 a day!

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Arts and Crafts....where abouts in Ontario do you live...people will pay $70.00 a day!
    Toronto that's about the average price! makes it tempting to move! I'm 30mins away and average price for that age group is $45