Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Local Rallies

Euphoric !

Local Rallies

There have been and will continue to be rallies held all over the province in various cities. Keep up to date on the CICPO website and on pages for your own cities. The next biggest rally is on Monday, Nov 17th at Queen's Park between 12pm and 2pm. Some of our colleagues will be speaking that day in Committee on all our behalf. Below is a link to the youtube video of the rally outside MPP Naqvi's office. In my personal opinion, he was met with very articulate questions which (again in my opinion) made him a smidge uncomfortable. The woman beside him in the black/white jacket, who can give a hairy eyeball like no one else I've met is our very own Heidi Higgins, co founder and spokesperson for CICPO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ0chz0OUfs&app=desktop

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So *uck it! I watched the video and I was inspired to do more. I spent the last 1.5 hours constructing an awesome heart felt email and sent it to everyone I know. I had been concerned about doing this as I run the risk of my clients freaking out and looking for other care but I told myself screw it and sent it anyways...we'll see what comes of it. I gave them all info about contacting their MPP's as well.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That's awesome Torontokids!!!! I know I was a little harsh last week. It's been a long haul, but now we're seeing the fruits of our progress. I've had a wee break from it for a couple days as I clearly was letting it get to me. But now, actually, it's gained so much momentum that every day, there are new articles, news segments, radio interviews. Even Miss Lizzie has changed her tune toward us to some degree...who saw that coming??? We only have 2 days of committee hearings, but man, do I ever feel good about it. Even if the bill passes without amendments, it can still turn around. We'll just keep nipping at their haunches till we get our way I thought that youtube video was absolutely brilliant and the ladies handled Naqvi like a boss. I'm so proud of the whole movement!

Feel free to share your letter so others can see what your thoughts are on the matter. Thank you for your effort