Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    3littlemonkeys - Gotta ask...Did you base parts of that on mine which I published recently because some paragraphs are word for word what I wrote in mine - and mine weren't copied from on-line but based on my legislation/contracts past life?
    Hi
    I purchased a "Day Homes in Calgary Day Home Package" . I do edit some of the sections but that one is still the same as the original.
    Weird that it is the same. I am guessing most is the standard regulations at most child cares. but still weird. Where did you post before?

Outgoing
    Posted a few times elsewhere...Here's mine which I did add to another thread here. Been the same for a few years now.

Sickness Policy

Under no circumstances will parents be allowed to bring a sick child into my home.

Sick children expose other children, as well as myself and my family to the illness and require
    additional care and attention which takes my attention away from the other children I am
    caring for. More importantly, sick children want care from their parents in the comfort of
    their own home. If other children become ill due to the exposure of your sick child, either
    because he/she was returned to child care before full recovery or because he/she was not
    picked up promptly upon notice of becoming ill, other parents will be unnecessarily
    unconvinced. If I become ill due to exposure to a sick child, all of the children may need to
    arrange alternate care. Due to this being disruptive to everyone who uses my home, your co-operation with this policy is extremely important and expected.

Symptoms Requiring Removal of a Child from Day Care
    In the event of your child having a fever, diarrhoea, vomiting, a nasal discharge of any
    colour other than clear, runny and/or crusty eyes, unexplained rash or spots on their body
    they will not be permitted to attend the day care. The child should be kept at home and
    allowed to fully recover so that he/she can fully participate in day care activities when they
    return.

Should these symptoms occur after the child is dropped-off at day care, the parents
    will be contacted to collect their child. You are required to pick up your child or have your
    emergency contact pick them up preferably within 60 minutes of notification.

I reserve the right to determine when a child should be sent home due to illness.

If your child is absent due to illness, regular fees still apply. Children must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to day care. NS Public Health Guidelines for Day Cares will also be used as a reference for contagious diseases and may require a longer exclusion period.

Medication
    Written parental consent is required to permit administration of any medication. Parents
    should wherever possible try to give medication at home. Medication will only be accepted
    if prescribed by a doctor. It must be in the original container with clear written instructions.

Over the counter medication will not be accepted or administered under any circumstances. This is a liability issue and a condition of my business insurance and is not negotiable.

Dosing and dropping to hide a fever will not be tolerated.

Please do not send your child to day care with medication mixed into a drink. There is no
    guarantee that the child will get all of the medication, and there is a risk to other children
    who might accidentally drink medication which has not been prescribed for them.

Emergency Assistance for your Child
    Although no parent wants to think about their child being involved in a medical emergency,
    there are times when this happens. Small children are prone to choking amongst other
    things. Although I will assist your child should this situation arise, even if the obstruction is
    successfully removed, the EMS will be called. Any charges resulting in this call are the
    responsibility of the parents.