Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

New kid started today

So I had a new 15 mos DCK started today. Things are going really well so far (knock on wood). I was a little nervous as he was "kicked out" by his last provider. He has transitioned really well and loved being outside which is a big component of what I do everyday. I was nervous about taking a little one at the start of winter with how they can struggle with getting around outside but he seems good to go!

Now my "handful" I posted about on Friday has continued to be the most work. I have had 2 kids join me since he started and they were both easy transitions while he still struggles. I had decided over the weekend to put my ad up and see what else is out there. I would only term I think for an older child as my group is so much younger than I am used to. He cried outside and screamed the whole time after we came in while I took everyone's stuff off (and I undressed him first!) he just stood there screaming. His parents said he did not sleep well all weekend so there seems to be something going on with him...no clue what though.

Outgoing
    Oh my gosh. Your handful and my handful sound very very similar. And when he finally stays playing well (no screaming) the littlest thing will set him off. Like if he can't get his hand and the thing he's holding out of a bigger toy, for example a shape in a shape sorter, he screams at the top of his lungs.

Euphoric !
    Why was he kicked out of the last dc?

I also started a new child last Friday and today was her 2nd day. I lucked out, the family is great and she comes in and plays and no crying at drop off. She eats well, sleeps well and plays with the other children. So nice to have an easy transition finally!! She does cry from time to time (because my handful will take a toy from her or push her or knock her down or some other crazy thing he always does lol) which than sets off my other child. He is a sweet little boy who doesn't like to see others cry or get in trouble. He cries harder than they do sometimes when they are put in time out lol.