Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    I don't understand centre's charging more? I thought all centre's in Manitoba were licensed and funded.
    The regular daycare centres are funded and parents don't pay high fees, it is the private centres (like Montessori ones) that are licensed but not funded so parents pay a more premium rate. But the Montessori centre near my house always seems to have vacancies, where as the funded daycarw centres always are full with wait lists.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks! I wasn't even thinking of of Montessori, etc. As far as I know, there isn't anything like that in Brandon. It's all regular centre's with long waiting lists.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Also in Manitoba here. I personally think you need to charge similar to those around you. You have to remain competitive pricewise no matter what you are offering as perks.

You could also start advertising at that price and see if you get any interest. The problem is though that you might scare people away and even if you lower your price eventually you might miss out on some great families.

There are tons of things that can be written off come income tax time so in the end it all works out IMO.

Outgoing
    I'd like to charge $150 a day, based on my degree, my proven track record as a day care provider, my experience, my references. However, unless I charge something in line with my competition, I won't have any income. LOL

Not being rude and I do understand the person who created this thread might have a wealth of education in child care and lots of experience but this is something I'm noticing around here too.

New Moms with no more than one or two children, who understandably are wanting to find a means to stay home. Seen three recently, who have their own child aged around 10 months who open a day care and charge WAY over the market rate. They think their babysitting of 10 years ago and their parenting experience of 10 months, is equal to an ECE because they also happen to have a decree in engineering. They set rates to reflect their own income needs and don't understand why the have no clients because the are operating out of a new build and all their child's toys which are being used for day care are new because the baby is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    I don't understand centre's charging more? I thought all centre's in Manitoba were licensed and funded.
    I find that group daycares tend to charge more, one in particular charges $60 for P/T in my area and they seem to have no problem filling the spots! I recently had an interview with parents who ended up registering with a group daycare. They were looking for care for when their son turned 12 months. The father commented that children would be exposed to more in a group daycare.
    These type of daycares market themselves well but I don't think they're as great as they tend to portray.