Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Euphoric !

Committee review

I'm sorry to say that we have lost all the amendments we requested.

Liberals and NDP voted down every, single amendment brought forth by Garfield and Gila. Every single one.

Get ready for some big changes and if you're one of the many about to lose your business, I'm so very sorry.

We're still fighting and the Ombudsman is assisting us at this point. Will let everyone know when I know more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Thanks for all that you've been doing. Thanks for the update.

Outgoing
    It's done, been passed by the committee. The house still has to vote on it, but that's largely a formality. Hold on guys, come January 1st, 2016, we are all officially screwed.

Outgoing
    So sorry for everybody that this will affect.

Starting to feel at home...
    It seems like it is official? When will the final vote be?

Outgoing
    Indeed a very sad day for all families with young children and home daycare providers in Ontario!

Expansive...
    So where does that leave us?
    Does that mean it would still be 5 daycare kids for unlicensed care but your own children count and you follow the rule of 1 under 1 ....2 under 2 etc
    and licensed care can have 6?

Outgoing
    there is no 1 under 1 rule. The new restrictions are:
    -age of a daycare child has been raised from 10 to age 13. Now a child under 13 in your care will count as one of your total 5
    -unlicensed providers can have a total of 5 children, including their own under age 6
    -all providers must follow the 2 under 2 rule
    -agency providers will be allowed to have 6 children, but must have agency approval for square footage and provider capability, it isn't automatic.

These are set to come into effect January 1st, 2016.
    There was ONE amendment that the Liberals made, but it is very unclear. The LIB MPP that read it said that a provider's own children under age 6 that are enrolled in a full-time JK or SK program won't count "on school calendar days." We have no idea what exactly this means. It could refer to only B/A school on regular days, it could extend to PA days, xmas break, and spring break, it probably won't extend to summer break (because then the child would never count in the numbers, and obviously they will sometimes, because otherwise the Bill would have been amended to count providers own children under age 4, or providers own children that are not in school, etc). The only thing to do with that is to wait for clarification from the liberals as to exactly what that means.

Thanks to everyone who worked so xhard fighting for this. I, like many others are thankful for my peers who came together to protest and fight for what we believe to be a necessary change in this bill and I am sincerely dissappointed that in a country like Canada that we clearly don't have a government that is willing to allow their voters to actually have a say in how ouur country is run.

This changing the age of a child from under 10 to under 13 is ridiculous. My son is 12 Xmas eve this year and stays home alone and is legally allowed too. He babysits for short periods of time and can cook a frickin basic meal without supervision and does laundry and other chores independently to contribute to the household. But...he will now have to count in my numbers I assume???? That is some kind of BS right there. Absolute nonsense. Someone earlier mentioned Jan 2016?? Well, he'd be 13 just at that time and wouldn't be an issue and thank goodness I'm set up to be quitting the biz and going to school full time. I was likely one of a few that thinks there should be heavy regulations and support aome kind of limitations including ratios although I don't agree with Bill 10's outline, but honestly where do they come up with this stuff. It blows my mind that these muppets are running the country and can legally give us a massive middle finger and dismiss all of our concerns, which are not only valid but also things that can be explained and proven to not increase safety, and then have the ordacity to claim that we have a say in how our country is run. This is a perfect example of how we just don't at all.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Bright Sparks, your own 12 year old son will not count in your numbers. Only if your child is under the age of 6. DCK's who are under 13 will count as well. Not your own child under 13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast