Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuttering.

Outgoing

Stuttering.

Hi - does anyone have experience with kids that stutter? Friends/family/dcks? I've had a lovely dcb since 12 mnths. Is now 2.5 and has started stuttering a lot. "W-w-w-w-when i-i-is sssssnack t-t-t-time?". Its worse than i've typed. Takes a long time to finish his sentences. He was talking fine before this 2 weeks ago -left me on thurs and came back tues full-blown stuttering. No head injury. Parents very worried. In all my long experience i have not come across this before. Tx

Outgoing
    Hi ebhappydc...I have been doing this for a long time...quite often a child (around that age) will start stuttering...out of the blue...I ignore it and before long....it stops....just my experience

Expansive...
    I've found it normal too around this age. There's not much you need to do, they typically grow out of it within a few months. If the parents really are worried though maybe they should get it checked out just in case.

Euphoric !
    This is common at this age. Both my girls did it, I've had DCK do it. Basically they have so much to say and want to say it way faster then their mouth can manage, heh heh. Don't make a big deal about it (or it could become an issue). Just be patient, let them finish and they will outgrow it.

Expansive...
    Me too ! It's like they have so much going on that they get "distracted" in their speech !