Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Picky Eater

Euphoric !
    Momofnerds, that is horrible. Lazy parenting IMO. Are they not healthy eaters themselves? If not, than it's likely they are just misinformed.....whic h, in this day and age, is hard to believe!

I totally understand not eating healthy 100% of the time as an adult but I just don't understand why parents give such crappy food to young children. That's a really limited menu for jk and soooo not healthy! Poor kid!!

Outgoing
    They are not healthy eaters. Actually I would call it lazy. There is so many things that can be made quickly and healthy but you know "everyone wants me time"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Because it's easier to open a box , tear something open and keep the child quiet !! I am so suprised sometimes how children are "raised" .
    I'm not trying to be a jerk because life gets difficult and sometimes you have to cut corners ! But seeing so many parents think being a good parent is making their child eat all their happy meal !!!
    I take my dd to play at McDonald on really cold days , her older brother is a manager . Dd will eat a ceasear salad and chicken , yogurt ect , we had just sat down and she went off to play and apparently that offended a table of moms who's children were being made to eat before play . So very loudly she says , " you know better , your job is to eat your meal so you will be healthy and then you may play ," the table of moms were in agreement and I'm thinking firstly , parenting loudly annoys me , who cares what your rules are ! So I turned and answered ," playing is way more healthier than eating this junk food !" I can't stand a group of women with one being a spokes person !!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Secondtimearound For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    lol, good for you secondtimearound!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Well I will be the first to admit that my diet isn't perfect and I often feed the kids "kid approved" foods (frozen pizza, chicken nuggets/fries, KD, hot dogs). It is all in moderation though. We eat fruit and vegies often. I don't serve much milk but we eat dairy products regularly. Afternoon snack is almost always a store bought treat as I don't bake much. I find my families pretty much feed the same items to their children as I do at daycare. I don't judge to harshly because I know I am not the greatest eater.

I did one time have a child (3 years old) who I had a terrible time getting to eat vegies. I asked mom what he ate at home and she said peas/carrots. I said anything else (we eat a lot of raw vegies here). He had never ever had raw vegies before! I was like WTF!! LOL

My husband had some guys over helping with our basement renos one day. I thought I would make an awesome lunch for them. I went to the grocery store got croissants, deli meat/cheese, different deli salads, expensive salad mix, donuts, etc. spent around $80 for lunch. The guys barely touched any of it. They were that picky. All afternoon they ate chips and drank pop/iced tea. For supper I ended up buying KFC and they gobbled it up. Sigh.... lol

Expansive...
    I'm not judging believe me !! I serve a lot of soups and raw veggies , and fruit . I feel limited sometimes with what I will feed my dayhome because it has to be food we will eat as well . I did cave in and serve kd Mac and cheese instead of whole grain macaroni with 3 cheese sauce ! My dh only eats rye bread and so I serve grilled cheese on rye with tomato soup for a Friday lunch (it's a fav with that crowd ) another big hit is ancient grain cream cheese and turkey pinwheels with a fruit kabob and veggies .
    Most of my dcks are fine with my menu and I usually plan my meals around who will be there as I have part timers .
    I do not usually buy processed and try to stay out of the middle aisles !!!