Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pooping outside

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    It's one thing to change a child in spring-fall but to change them in winter means stripping their jacket, boots, snowpants off, lying them down (in snow?) and changing them then redressing them. The amount of heat loss through that process would be unhealthy. Wipes would freeze before you got them to the child's bum.
    Absolutely which is why I said I USUALLY train in the summer but sure enough...blah blah.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    Absolutely which is why I said I USUALLY train in the summer but sure enough...blah blah.
    You are right 5LM. I responded quickly to Rachael's 'blah, blah, blah' comment with annoyance. I should have ignored it altogether. I'm deleting my comment to try and keep the original thread going with some helpful feedback.
    Last edited by Lee-Bee; 11-28-2014 at 07:43 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh my....I don't want to get in the middle of this but let's not have this thread turn into what the other one recently did.

I really enjoy this site but the bickering back and forth is getting old and it's not enjoyable and something I expect from our little clients, not ourselves!

TGIF lol....have a great weekend everyone!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sorry, didn't mean to "scold" you....internet forums get the best of all of us at some point or another!! lol

Euphoric !
    If the child has pooped in the potty before for you then try to give her more time to "try" before going outside so she doesn't feel rushed. It may be that she is trying to push it out but is afraid of being left behind and says she is done even when she isn't and then once she gets outside - especially if crouching in the snow continues with the pooping.

You can turn it back on her as learning in the sense of reminding her when on the potty before going out that there is no potty outside and if she doesn't take the time now to poop then she is going to have to have a poopy diaper on outside and that will be uncomfortable. She will survive outside for a few more minutes with a poop - again remind her when she tells you that there is no bathroom and she should have done it before coming out. Then cut your outside playtime a bit shorter if you can without spoiling it for everyone else. Have had kids that hated outside pull the poop stunt to get back in the house so be aware of whether it is a game or not.

I don't do the potty outside in summer for the same reason that it isn't there year round so why teach them they have the option to not fully go before going outside.

Try to figure out if there is a difference on the days she does poop and doesn't - what is served for snack, timing, activity before going etc. and adjust if you can.

She will get more control over the next month or so meaning she will be able to push it out before going outside in most cases.