Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Outgoing
    So one does not have to worry about having 3 under 2 until January 2016....correct?

Euphoric !
    I've just answered this in the White Flowers thread. No, that isn't correct, entirely. Children that were IN CARE before Dec 4th, 2014 are fine. Children after are not, though we're not completely positive on when they are no longer fine. At first we thought it was immediate, then it was believed they were fine till Proclamation. I'm still not 100% sure, but I do know that they ARE NOT covered until Jan 2016.

The Ministry has not been terribly forthcoming with accurate information, so we kind of think they're confused as well.

Euphoric !
    Yep...just went onto FB and there's a thread about just this. Still just as much confusion. One provider has 4 letters from the Ministry stating that they're fine till Proclamation, others are told it's immediate. It seems that no-one, including the Ministry, has a clue what's going on.

Sigh.....like a well oiled machine.

Let's get Lisa MacLeod in and PCs back in office. I'm full up of the bloody Libs.

Euphoric !
    From Liz Sandals to a provider - have seen this from different providers.

"If a child care provider is providing child care on the day that the Child Care Modernization Act, 2014 received Royal Assent (December 4, 2014), then, with respect to those children receiving child care, the provider in question does not have to comply with the rules contained in s.6 of that Act (once s.6 comes into effect), which
    • prohibit more than two children under two years of age; or
    • require a provider to include his or her own children in determining the number of children cared for

until January 1, 2016, or a different date, if one is set out in a regulation.

In a scenario where a child care provider is not providing child care on the day that the act received Royal Assent, the provider would be required to comply with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 when the act comes into effect upon proclamation.

In order to implement and clarify all the requirements under the new act, the government will be drafting a broad range of regulations. I would like to assure you that regulations under the act are subject to public consultation. I encourage you to participate in future opportunities to provide your input to guide this work.

An incremental phased process is planned to implement the provisions under the new act. As we move forward, the ministry will continue to engage and inform families and the child care and early years sector on changes under Bill 10."

You have to pay special attention to the section referring to 'a different date set out in a regulation'. Sneaky bitch.

Euphoric !
    From Heidi Higgins (co-founder CICPO) and I believe this came from CCPRN:

"So we are seeing a lot of confusion with regard to the new law under Bill 10. There is confusion around both the broad strokes and the finer points.

The broad strokes are any children who were IN YOUR CARE prior to the December 4th 2014 (or another date if one is set by regulation) are exempt until January 2016 - including your own children. Any children beginning care after December 4th must be in compliance immediately upon proclamation. (Edited for clarification.)

With regard to the finer points - which are the questions many of you are asking - they will be determined during the regulatory process which should take place in late February. This is the process during which the DETAILS and EXCEPTIONS are made with regard to the laws specified in the Bill. To that end we would like those of you with specific scenarios or questions to send them to us at cicpoottawa@gmail.co m with the subject line: Regulatory Process. Our goal is to filter them down to the most essential and problematic and bring them up during the regulatory meeting to see if we can negotiate some of them. For instance the business of your own children counting during the summer months. This makes no sense as few clients (aside from teachers) are going to want to make alternate care arrangements for the summer. These are the kinds of questions we need to ask and we are looking for your input. Please let us know your thoughts - but please keep them as concise as possible to reduce the amount of reading on our end

Hope this helps to clarify and give a little hope that there is still a chance for some changes to be made. I feel we are stuck with the 2 under 2 but maybe we can get some wiggle room in other areas. "

Euphoric !
    Any providers or parents who are being adversely affected by BILL 10 can send their stories to Karen at khsw@outlook.com to be forwarded to the Ombudsman. He is collecting this information for 3 months to see just how Ontario will be impacted by this flawed Bill 10.

Outgoing
    Here's a question....if it were not for being on this site myself....I honestly do NOT believe I would know ANY of this information....I have not seen anything in writing....in the paper....on the news????? So how many home daycare providers are NOT AWARE OF ANY OF THIS

Euphoric !
    Yep, you make an excellent point. There are so, so many people who know nothing about it, providers included...but that won't make them any less susceptible to the $200,000 fine if caught out of compliance. The only public awareness campaign has been put forward by CICPO.

I just received an email from the ministry today indicating that compliance is necessary after proclamation and was expected to occur in the fall. This is, of course, different than the letter that went out last month. It seems they've gotten their shit together, finally.

So there you go.....hope that helps. Again, if you can pay to become a PC member ($10), you can get Lisa voted in. She's our advocate.

Thumbs up Just great!

Im new at this, Im suppose to start my day care sometimes at the end of april 2015.

I said yes to a mom for her 1 year old and another mom for her 1 year old and her 3 year old. I was all set, that is all I wanted, 3 littles bundles to care for. ( + my own little boy who is now 8 months old)

Everything was going great for me, I was really enjoying the process of getting everything together for my daycare, from the paperwork, to the renovations and advertising to find childrens....

Until this morning, when i read about Bill 10. WHAT? Where did that come from, I'v been doing research all over the place to make sure I was within the ratio, guidelines, recommendation etc.. I wanted to make sure I was on the line with everything regarding my daycare and I never saw this before today.

NOW I dont know what Im going to do or if I'll be able to find childrens over 2 years old? When your child is 2 years old chances are you already have a daycare...?

I really dont know how to find 2 years old.. anybody else in my situation?
    Last edited by Kim1985; 01-27-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Euphoric !
    Yep. Sorry I don't have better news for you. The fact that you WERE investigating and STILL didn't hear about this speaks volumes about how useless this government is. This whole thing has been a disaster right from the get go. I'm really sorry. It sucks for all of us. This is my sole source of income for raising my children. It sucks....all I can say, let's keep fighting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast