Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Outgoing
    Ya...Kim1985....look s like you can only take one 1 year old on....that sucks....I have to make a decision....when all this goes down...in Jan 2016....I will be in a position to take on a 1 year old (she is a past client) ....but I will still have a 3 1/2 year old that is only going to be with me til March 2016....they are moving ....here's my problem....I need to have the 3 1/2 year old leave by Jan. 1 (not March) so I can take the new baby on...I won't be able to keep the dck til the end of march as that will put me over 5 children for 3 months....soooo....I need to be selfish....3 years with the baby or 3 months with the other....I feel bad....but I have to look out for me!

Euphoric !
    So based on what I read from this post, because I was in operation before the Bill was passed I am not impacted re: the 2 under 2 or my kids counting in the ratio until the Fall?

I have 3 interviews set up for my vacant spot (I have 4 plus my daughter). It sounds like I can accept one of these clients as my daughter won't count in my numbers until the fall. I am sure one of my daycare kids will be gone by the Fall (possibly April). Did I interpret things right?

Euphoric !
    All children in care before Royal Assent (Dec 4th) are fine until Jan 2016. All children brought in after Royal Assent must be compliant by Proclamation. So, your compliance relies on the ages of your children and when they came into care. If all your 2 under 2s were already in care before Royal Assent, you're fine till Jan 2016. But if any of them came in afterward, they've got to go as of Proclamation.

This will be my only income as well so its pretty stressful. I was layed off while on mat. Leave the company was sold. Thats when i decides to finaly make my move with my daycare.. but now that bill 10 is making that whole business a little bit more complicated and thats pRobably their intention to discourage somw of us from chosing that business...

But where will all those new mothers with a one year old ready to go back to work find care for theie babies? where i am from there is only 2 licensed daycare and they only take a few babies under 18 months. Before receiving my layed off letter in the mail i was trying to find a day care for my baby and i was unsuccesful.... so now its only gonna get worst for those mom... and not a lot of mothers can afford to quit their jobs to stay at home with baby until hes two years old?? Maybe the government will pay for two years of maternity........ ��

Euphoric !
    Yep, I'm in the same boat. Single mother with this being my sole source of income. Stress doesn't sum it up.

The Libs are 'creating' more infant daycare spaces by messing about with the numbers and ratios in licensed centres. Infants will now be from 0-12 months (instead of 12-18 months) with a ratio of 3:1, max of 10 infants in one room. Toddlers now begin at 18 months at a ratio of 5:1 with a max of 15 in one room. So, just to clarify - The licensed sector ALREADY has a dismal safety record with a much, much higher mortality, injury and serious occurrence (fires, lost children, abuse, etc) rate than that of it's independent counterparts (us). So, to rectify the safety in childcare issues, the Liberals have INCREASED the ratios to the highest in the country in the licensed sector (you know...the ones with the crazy Auditor General's Report) and added a whopping 6 new inspectors - for the entire province of Ontario! AND, get this.....the agencies, who stand to gain the most benefit from this bill financially, WROTE THE POLICIES!!!!!!

Why more providers who were thrown under the bus by our government aren't spitting mad about this is beyond me. I truly don't get it. I've never followed politics before, but I'm paying attention now. Never in my life have I seen such underhanded, blatantly prejudicial and collusive actions by anyone. I'm thoroughly disgusted in our government.

Expansive...
    I was at a Seneca college course on the weekend for ECE's and the teacher(works in Toronto area) said the "2 under 2" rule is not in effect until 2016. I'm completely confused. I've heard nothing about "2 under 2" compliance by December 4, 2014. Please clarify???? What about the scenario where you registered and took a deposit for a child under 2 years in November 2014, but they started in December 2014, after the royal assent???? Totally confused here...

Euphoric !
    Children in care BEFORE Royal Assent (Dec 4th, 2014) are grandfathered in. Children who are in care AFTER Royal Assent (say, Dec 5th, 2014) must be compliant with the new rules by Proclamation (expected to happen in the fall). I tried to attach the letter I got from the ministry, but can't figure it out. You'll have to take my word for it. Honestly, just join CICPO and have a look. There's oodles of information their FB page with loads of conversations about it. Also try the Providers and Families against Bill 143 page too. All the information is on those two pages.

The short answer to your question Busy ECE mommy.....unless that child was in care before Royal Assent, if he makes your count more than 2 under 2 (including your own children) by Proclamation, he will have to be let go.....deposit or no deposit.

Expansive...
    So Proclamation will not happen until Fall 2015? Or do you mean it happened on December 4, 2014?

Im wondering if they will create exceptions to those rules.. for exemple if a provider only has 3 child total in her care she could have 3 under 2... things like that.. do you think they will give us a little more wiggle room or unlikely not.... iv never followed politics before either so i dont know if it sometimes happen to change a few exceptions to a bill after royal assent... hopefully yes.. if not well.. not much we can do..

Euphoric !
    Proclamation is 'projected' for Fall 2015. Royal Assent was Dec. 4th.

I wouldn't look for any exceptions to the rule Kim1985. They want us gone....off the face of the map. There will be no exceptions. If anything, they'll be looking for their first non-compliant provider to slap a $200,000 fine on and make an example of.

The whole point of this bill is to make the Liberals look like they're doing their job well in the face of very damning Ombudsman's Report and Auditor General's Report. They want a nanny state....everyone institutionalized and government controlled. Bending the rules to accommodate us doesn't factor in. THIS is the very reason we've been fighting so hard. Get involved. Be proactive. We have the Ombudsman gathering data. We have the opposition helping us. We have an ever growing group of people, which is now reaching out to Montessori and independent daycare operators. We need everyone on board.

Lisa MacLeod has stated that if she wins the position of head of the PC party, she will continue to fight for us. She said that she will use her one ballot (ability to bring one bill to the forefront for consideration is what I take that to mean) for our cause. She has also said, flat out, that if she wins the next provincial election in 2018 and is premiere, she will have the bill repealed.

WE NEED EVERYONE TO GET INVOLVED.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast