Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Outgoing
    There is also a meet and greet in Brampton on Tuesday. It is at Boston Pizza, Steeles and Kennedy from 6:30 to 8:30. So any Brampton area providers, please come out to meet Lisa!

Euphoric !
    Hey! Great! What's the exact address?

Outgoing
    The address is 65 Resolution Drive. It is in the Walmart plaza.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Yes cfred just realized i did not put the address in it is at my co-op in the community room at 10 Elsinore Path

Euphoric !
    Thanks Kar. I was more asking about the Brampton one as T had asked me to call some Montessori schools for Tuesday's event. She's done it already though....sucks that everything was closed today though! Might be a small crowd.

Outgoing
    What is the CURRENT penalty if one is looking after 6 instead of 5 children

Euphoric !
    Not sure. You're never allowed to have 6 kids at the same time, any time. I'm not sure what they do....you should probably have a look at the DNA. I think they make you call the parent of the extra child for pick up, but don't quote me on it. Or are you talking about having 6 kids in total but only 5 at one time? You can have as many kids as you want enrolled, but only 5 can attend at any given time. Daycare insurance will only cover 5 children, maximum.

Outgoing
    I want to say a fine of $2000/day of every day they can prove you've been over, and forcing you to shut down for 2 weeks, if it is a first offence, and then random spot checks for a while afterwards to make sure you never have more than 5....but I can't find it online!! I've had so much info about the current laws and new laws and legalese in my brain for so long it's getting jumbled, so I could be TOTALLY off-base....but I believe it's a fine of a certain amount per day, and then shutting the provider down for a specific amount of time.

And cfred is right, that is all for a provider caring for 6 children AT ONE TIME...you could have 20 children enrolled if you wanted to, as long as they never overlapped to give you more than 5 at a time.

And currently, a provider's own children don't count in that total of 5. I say it only because I've got 3 of my own, so when everyone's here and we're doing the school run, for example, I've got 8 kids with me, and I'm sure people wonder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I was just about to add that CrazyEight.....$2000/day sticks in my mind as well.

Outgoing
    Thanks cfred, maybe I'm not completely nuts!