Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Outgoing
    If a child started Dec. 5 let's say....what would stop a daycare provider from saying they started say....Dec 1st???????

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    If a child started Dec. 5 let's say....what would stop a daycare provider from saying they started say....Dec 1st???????
    If they really wanted to catch your lie it would be a matter of looking at signed contracts, tax receipts, touching base with the families in care in that time period. If they contact past clients to see that you had a full house on Dec 1st yet you claim this additional child was also there you are telling them you were over limit...which is just a whole new can of worms to open up.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Rachael, I know how you feel about our fight, and that's fine. I understand that the ratios they're imposing on us now are what you've had to deal with through your whole daycare career. What I don't understand is how anyone can be ok with it. Why is this a race to the bottom? Personally, I chose this as my course of study for post secondary and, as such, my career. Surely I should have the ability and the right to make a living wage from it, no? I think it's deplorable that the standards are the way they are and that hard working people such and myself, you and every other provider should have to take a second job just to make enough to survive. This is a valid line of work and we should absolutely EXPECT to be treated fairly. If you're comfortable with it, that's totally fine. Many of us are not. Many of us would like to see change. Many of us, myself included, were complacent so long as we were able to stay afloat. But the system was still not a good one...one that respected our work and our rights...we simply had no real reason to complain. Now that they're screwing with that, some of us are taking notice AND taking action...and it's about damned time! I believe, Rachael, that we're worth more than what anyone gives us credit for. It's about time we stood up for ourselves and showed everyone that.

Naturallydaycare.... I won't be able to attend the Oakville event, regrettably. I will be at the Whitby one though....you know....if you're in the neighbourhood My event last night was fantastic and we had a packed house, even with the rotten weather. Our crowd was mainly Montessori and CICPO has officially offered to form an alliance and build a stronger force in numbers. Lisa was fantastic and Julia Munroe (MPP who came to my rally in October) was there as well....and some local politicians. I'm still a little starstruck by Julia...no idea why...just really like her. Have fun at the Oakville event! And bring all these concerns up with Lisa.
    Seriously? A single parent asks a question and I answer that and YOU STILL THINK I'M NOT ALLOWED TO COMMENT? SERIOUSLY

F*** YOU

I have purposely avoided commenting on the BILL because you and you're groupies attack anyone for telling the truth and now you try and senser my honestly about what single parents have to do/

You must REALLY love the sound of your own voice.

You now think you know about being a single parent too? Is it every frecking aspect of life in Canada, that you view yourself as the superior knowledge of?

Again. F*** YOU

I'm done. You pretend to be about rallying together, you and your croonies, pretend that bullying (your prefered word not mine) isn't tolerated and yet, you perseve a comment that isn't there and view yourself as self-appointed-judge and jury and slap me down?

F*** YOU AGAIN

Seriously, take your head out of your arse and realize that the whole world doesnt' resolve around you.
    Last edited by admin; 02-15-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Removed profanity

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    Seriously? A single parent asks a question and I answer that and YOU STILL THINK I'M NOT ALLOWED TO COMMENT? SERIOUSLY

F*** YOU

I have purposely avoided commenting on the BILL because you and you're groupies attack anyone for telling the truth and now you try and senser my honestly about what single parents have to do/

You must REALLY love the sound of your own voice.

You now think you know about being a single parent too? Is it every frecking aspect of life in Canada, that you view yourself as the superior knowledge of?

Again. F*** YOU

I'm done. You pretend to be about rallying together, you and your croonies, pretend that bullying (your prefered word not mine) isn't tolerated and yet, you perseve a comment that isn't there and view yourself as self-appointed-judge and jury and slap me down?

F*** YOU AGAIN

Seriously, take your head out of your arse and realize that the whole world doesnt' resolve around you.
    Hoping mods step in here...

Never have I seen someone be so disrespectful on these boards. This kind of behavior is just deplorable and I hope you get removed Rachael...seriously. ...I don't understand why you keep joining discussions on Bill 10...and I don't understand how you took offense to cfred's comment??? Surely you can see there is a double standard here...you can comment on a comment but no one else can?? This is just beyond.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Rachael, Its one thing to speak your mind, be honest, and whatever else you've claimed to be, blah blah blah - buts it another to be trashy about it. I honestly didnt see anything wrong with what Cfred said either. With all your rants on the boards and your so called "opionions" I also agree that the mods step in and remove you from the site altogether. I have never ever met someone so negative with their "opionions" ALL THE TIME! You seem absolutely miserable in all of your posts, replys etc. I cant see how someone so miserable and negative can have children in their care all day long and parents are ok with it!! You are exactly the type of person/adult I keep my kids away from!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to innisfildaycare For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Wow, Rachael....not sure what to say to your very enlightening post.

I don't believe I censored (not sensored) your comment or view. I simply asked why anyone would be satisfied with our childcare system remaining the way it is. Regardless of how you perceived (not perseved) my message, you clearly have misinterpreted my intent. Frankly, Racheal, I couldn't give a flying monkey what your opinion is. I am promoting CICPO and am working on a public awareness campaign surrounding Bill 10 because, in Ontario, it does in fact matter. No, I don't particularly like the sound of my voice, but I have committed myself to this campaign and will continue to do so, because for me and many others, the current state of affairs is not satisfactory. I feel we deserve better. If you're happy enough scraping by on two jobs, then by all means, go ahead and continue on. It's none of my business. I don't really care. I do care about the thousands of providers who do give a shit about their industry and are tired of being treated like they're at the bottom of the food chain while we do a very important, but vastly unappreciated job.

And for the record, yeah, I kinda know about being a single parent too.....what with having 3 children, on my own now for 15 years. And yes, my daycare has sustained this family for those 15 years....on it's own. So forgive me for not wanting to give that up without a fight.

Nice knowing you Rachael. You are perhaps one of the most unhappy, bitter people I've ever run across. Good luck to you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    What the hell is wrong with you Rachael???

I don't care WHAT the previous comment was or what it was about, when is it ever appropriate to say that to somebody??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyEight For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Wow, Rachael....not sure what to say to your very enlightening post.

I don't believe I censored (not sensored) your comment or view. I simply asked why anyone would be satisfied with our childcare system remaining the way it is. Regardless of how you perceived (not perseved) my message, you clearly have misinterpreted my intent. Frankly, Racheal, I couldn't give a flying monkey what your opinion is. I am promoting CICPO and am working on a public awareness campaign surrounding Bill 10 because, in Ontario, it does in fact matter. No, I don't particularly like the sound of my voice, but I have committed myself to this campaign and will continue to do so, because for me and many others, the current state of affairs is not satisfactory. I feel we deserve better. If you're happy enough scraping by on two jobs, then by all means, go ahead and continue on. It's none of my business. I don't really care. I do care about the thousands of providers who do give a shit about their industry and are tired of being treated like they're at the bottom of the food chain while we do a very important, but vastly unappreciated job.

And for the record, yeah, I kinda know about being a single parent too.....what with having 3 children, on my own now for 15 years. And yes, my daycare has sustained this family for those 15 years....on it's own. So forgive me for not wanting to give that up without a fight.

Nice knowing you Rachael. You are perhaps one of the most unhappy, bitter people I've ever run across. Good luck to you.
    You lying B****.

You didn't give two shits about the state of the day care industry when it was every province BUT yours being affected.

You only gave a s*** when it affected you.

Don't give the fight the good cause for us all line - You state you've been in day care for 15 years and yet you've done fuck all for any province, all of who have lower allowances then BILL 10 provides.

You are all about yourself. And that's fine. But just be honest.

You didn't care about anyone else's issue. You didn't care that most of us have two jobs. You didn't care about any of it until it affected you.

So, you're a lying b****.

Hope you need three jobs.

I'm done.

This place is beyond toxic.

Feel free to all add your sad little comments below, and falg to the Mods. I wont be back to read them. Keep lying to each other. And pretending to believe one another.

I'd like to say it was nice knowing you, but that would be me lying.

Incredible.

Outgoing
    Wow Rachael! You definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! Cfred was merely stating that she understands how you feel about Bill 10 and she stated that we in Ontario have the right to stand up and fight for our livelihood. Our Government is treating us like dirt and is trying to put Independent Childcare Providers out of business. What may be a normal operating standard for you in NS isnt normal for us in ON. This Bill was brought in with no input from independent home daycare providers and was based on suggestions from daycare agencies who gouge the providers that are contracted by them. It also came about because of a tragic death in an illegal home daycare with 35 CHILDREN and 14 DOGS, 5 complaints were lodged against the provider and NOT ONE of them was investigated by the government. The government in this province did not do their job and because of that a child died!
    The government in this province says Bill 10 will increase safety and government oversight with regard to unlicensed home daycare. Well that isnt going to happen because they WON'T allow us to be licensed nor will the allow a registry so that they can inspect us and INSURE that the children in our care are safe!
    So yes, we are pissed and we have every right to be! And we are not bullies or cronies as you called us Rachael! We are simply proud business women trying to provide for our families and provide a safe, loving environment for all of the children in Ontario!
    I am really sorry that you have such a rough life but you have no right to take it out on people you don't even know! If the government in your province was trying to destroy your business, would you just lie down and let them?! I think not!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Rachel why would Ontario daycare providers know anything about daycare in other provinces? Were you aware of Ontario ratios and regulations before you were informed? I'm so glad that people like Cfed have taken up the fight on behalf of ALL Ontario providers and have taken the time to keep us informed about them. I had no idea!
    You seem to be a nasty person. I can't believe someone with your temper has been entrusted with the care of children

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JumpingJacks For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast