Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    That's awesome to hear cfred!!

I'm in MB

Euphoric !
    Ahhh, Manitoba! I have a friend out in Brandon. In Manitoba is the first time I've been to a bar with a bull ride...it was actually pretty cool (didn't do the ride though).

There's a FB site from Australia that the Canadian Home Daycare United's founder has discovered and she's in touch with the founder of that. Family Daycare Educators United is the Australian group and they've been holding marches all across Australia. She said that change is possible as they're discovering. Sooooo....that might be a good read for some of you from other provinces. I don't know....I thought it sounded really great and I look forward to learning more about it when I slow down with the stuff I'm currently ensconced in.

Thanks for your well wishes 5LM

Euphoric !
    Ok cfred, you got me, but it took 4 attempts to remember my password, haha. I applaud all of your hard work and I know you've done more than most to educate other caregivers. You don't want any hardworking caregiver in Ontario to be subjected to a $200,000 fine (about the equivalent of 7 years of income before deductions) because they didn't hear about Bill 10's new laws regarding their business. You have spread the word and worked with MPP Lisa McLeod and Garfield Dunlop and CICPO, who have been on our side and fighting for us. You have been dignified, professional, wise and wonderful! Thank you so much! Ok, I'm gone again, lol!!!!!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Ahhh, Manitoba! I have a friend out in Brandon. In Manitoba is the first time I've been to a bar with a bull ride...it was actually pretty cool (didn't do the ride though).

There's a FB site from Australia that the Canadian Home Daycare United's founder has discovered and she's in touch with the founder of that. Family Daycare Educators United is the Australian group and they've been holding marches all across Australia. She said that change is possible as they're discovering. Sooooo....that might be a good read for some of you from other provinces. I don't know....I thought it sounded really great and I look forward to learning more about it when I slow down with the stuff I'm currently ensconced in.

Thanks for your well wishes 5LM
    LOL....Houston's Bar??? I'm in Brandon as well

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    LOL....Houston's Bar??? I'm in Brandon as well
    I'm not going to brag, but one year I almost won.
    I was runner up in the tournament. I was much younger of course. Haha!

Euphoric !
    Might have been Houstons....pretty big place as I remember. The bull was attached to 4 ropes with guys pulling from the corners. Wow....small world!

I contemplated riding the bull, but chickened out in the end. I commend you for actually riding a tournament!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Might have been Houstons....pretty big place as I remember. The bull was attached to 4 ropes with guys pulling from the corners. Wow....small world!

I contemplated riding the bull, but chickened out in the end. I commend you for actually riding a tournament!
    Yep that's Houston's. I was much younger!

Euphoric !
    Small world indeed!! I haven't been there in about 5 years....my bar days were even over before then but I had a bachelorette party there for a friend lol. The bull has been gone for quite some time now I think I never had the courage to go on either! Wayyyyyy to shy!!!! Lol

I actually just said to my husband tonight...."remember how good the smokies were outside the bar. We should just go get a smokie".....he looked at me like I was crazy, needless to say....I didn't get a smokie LMAO

Shy
    Cfred since I am on CIPCO and a team lead with you hope you don't mind me posting my Meet & Greet with Lisa MacLeod for any ladies who are in the Toronto area and where not able to make it to any of the other ones mine is February 17 at 6:30 RSVP to kwilkin1@rogers.com by February 6, 2015 hope to have a good a turn out as you did last week.

Euphoric !
    Kar1, of course, let everyone know! Thanks! Everyone's doing such a great job on this! Do you have your location booked?

I'm taking over the one in Whitby on Feb 15th from 1pm-2:30pm at Montana's (75 Consumer Drive, Whitby). If anyone is in a reasonable driving distance and wants to come over, please feel free. Lisa's awesome...and a hugger This event will also be 100% bill 10 and I'll be reaching out to Montessori schools over the next week. You can RSVP me at c.a.fredenburgh@gmai l.com. We had a really good crowd at the Newmarket event and I'd love to repeat that. Really good networking opportunity!