Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Starting to feel at home...

Halloween ~ boo?!

Well folks, I think I had the SHORTEST interview ever tonight.....they pulled into my driveway, looked at my house and then drove out!

I have had ZERO luck with advertising for a child....now my Halloween decorations are too spooky?? Most likely Jehovah Witnesses or Ultra Christian types but really, how rude is it to not even come to the door and offer an explanation? I called them after I knew they would be home, and surprise, they screened my call, so I asked them to call me back politely just to let me know what happened. I also explained that I am of the Catholic faith and that we celebrate Halloween, Christmas and Birthdays here.

I spent all day cleaning, got all my paperwork and artwork out, got my husband to come home early from work to take the children off to Guides/sparks for me....argh. So frustrating!!!!!!!!! !

Sighs. It was only for a part time spot (my thinking was that it was better than no child bc I am in such a drought!) so, its not a huge deal but I am getting soooo discouraged lately.

Sorry to vent....AGAIN!http://www.daycarebear.ca/forum/imag.../RpS_blink.gif
    Last edited by lori123; 10-13-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Expansive...
    Lori did you leave your vibrator on the front porch again? I'm sorry I just had to give you a laugh!

Could it be that possibly they had a huge emergancy?

If they don't celebrate Halloween then they should screen durning calls. I am christian and my church doesn't celebrate Halloween but we do!

That is soooo bizzare!

Keep us posted if they call back!

Sending positve prayer your way!

Along with the collection of XXX tapes!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sue, why is this happening??

LOL - thanks for the laugh!! I need it!!

I will let you know if they call, but I somehow doubt it!!!
    *runs screaming off into the sunset*
    Last edited by lori123; 10-13-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Wow Lori! You must have one rockin Halloween scene out there!!!!

Euphoric !
    It may have been the young child's first look at halloween stuff and at night and that freaked her out or it is the parent that has a phobia such as spiders and couldn't bring herself to walk past it to get to your door and was too embarassed to call you an say why. Here's hoping they don't need care till later and will call back Nov 1 hoping everything is gone by then.

LOL - yup friendly ghosts, some pumpkins and couple of scarecrows with some "spooky" signs to boot....lol, its the HAUNTED HOUSE!!!

Keep me in your thoughts for tonight - another full time interview!! Wish me luck!!! (should i consider taking this stuff down???)

Those people never did call me with an explanation either - how seriously rude was that???!! Oh well, their loss

That is beyond rude. I really don't understand people sometimes and I can't believe they just drove away without coming in horrible! good Luck tonight hopefully these people are not crazy!

Euphoric !
    I have had a family come and come to the door and say sorry but we didn't realize exactly how far it was going to be to drive to your house every day and for right now we want to concentrate on something closer to our house. At least the mom came to the door and didn't waste my time. Never heard from them again.

My interview went well, I think! They have 3 more providers to interview this weekend for a start date of next week and they said they would let me know....fingers crossed! Very cute lil boy!

Yes, I can't believe those people that just drove away and never bothered to return my call asking why they left. Shrugs. It wasn't meant to be! Lets hope this one works out for me instead! Have a good night everyone!

Guess what....I got a child full time....starting October 31st.....now is that ironic or what???!! Happy Halloween!!