Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Oh that's a good point Toronto! I never thought about the moms needing to bf due to full and possible sore breasts!

k8who
    Yes TK same here... they only have the floor to sit on or the shoe bench... anyways I will definitely be writing this into my contract somehow! Anyone have a section about quick drop offs/pick ups in their contract? I'm sure its been brought up before so I can probably have a search through here.

thanks everyone!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by k8who View Post
    Anyone have a section about quick drop offs/pick ups in their contract?
    Arrivals and Departures
    It is normal for some children to have some difficulty separating from parents and they may cry when being dropped off, especially when this is still a new and strange environment.
    Please be very brief (no more than 5 minutes) during drop-off times; the more the departure is prolonged the harder it becomes for both the parent and the child. If you are nervous, anxious, upset, your child will pick up on this and mirror your emotions believing there is reason for concern. A smile, cheerful goodbye kiss, and a reassuring word that you will be back are all that is needed. In my experience, children are nearly always quick to get involved in play or activities as soon as parents have left. Please be assured that if your child is having a difficult time settling down and is crying for a prolonged period of time, I will contact you.

Please be brief during collection/pick-up times also. This is a testing time when two different authority figures are present (the parent and the provider), and some children will test to see if the rules still apply. Please help by showing your child that you respect me, the rules of my house and my property by reminding them that the rules still apply when you are
    around. When you are here with your child, you are expected to discipline your child when their behaviour warrants it. If you do not correct him/her, I will enforce my rules.

Please remember that although you might like to chat at the end of the day, I am still working and responsible for the other children who remain here waiting for their parents. It is not convenient for me socialize at pick up and drop off so please, once you have the information about your child's day, allow me to return to the other children promptly, without placing me in a situation where I need to be blunt and remind you that I have other priorities.

Outgoing
    There is no reason whatsoever for her to nurse in the daycare. She lives a few minutes away. She can nurse before she drops off and right when she gets back home. She just wants to hang out at your house so she gets more time in the daycare. She is doing it because she doesn't want to be alone with her kid any more than she has to and she likes hanging out to watch you work. She wants attention for free.

Tell her it isn't working and that you will have her child ready to scoot out the door quickly when she arrives to pick up and will greet her quickly at the door at drop off so she can hurry off to work.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree, no reason for her to nurse at dc. This is different but I had a parent that would take 5-10 min to say his goodbyes in the morning. Taking me away from the group, I didn't like this. So I wrote a general note to all parents in my daily report asking to say their goodbye before coming to the door. It took a second reminder but he's much better now. I don't think you should give too much thought about what she thinks, you're doing what you need to do to make sure your business runs smoothly. Nothing wrong with that.