I have a family who told me during the interview that their dropoff/pickup times would be XXX-XXX(total of about 7 hrs) In the last few weeks, the parent had to stay later at work for a project, but I was told we would go back to normal times. The project is now over, and the child's pickup time is about 1.5 hrs later than usual, and about 2.5 hrs after the pickup parent is done work. This child doesn't function well after a certain time in the day(about 15 minutes after the original pickup time), and whines/cries and needs one on one care after that time for the last 1.5 hrs of my day. I might add that the parent has not informed me verbally that the hours will be different for the day, and figures they can come/go as they please within my operating hours. My question is, do I have a right to challenge the parent on the pickup times now that the project is over, and I know the pickup parent is at home 2 hrs before I close? I picked this family specifically because their hours were shorter, and the child wouldn't be here right until closing. Suggestions on how to talk to this parent please? At the very least, I figure they need to tell me that hours are changing for the day, and maybe I need to revise the contract.