Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Still taking new families/Bill 10

Are you all still taking on new clients until Bill 10 has gone through regulations etc?

I just had a family give notice out of nowhere (I think they had themselves on a center waiting list-they have zero back up) and I obviously need to gill the spot.

What are you all doing with the impending change?

Euphoric !
    I am taking new families and even taking on an extra one in the New Year (I currently keep my number at 4 DC kids, when I can have 5). I am doing this in part because I want my clients to age and chances are I will loose one or 2 between now and then to a mat leave. A yr is a long ways a way and your new 12 mos old will be 2 then so you will be in better shape with the 2 under 2 rule. I am not mentioning the changes to the families until we get closer to them going into effect. I don't need families freaking out or finding alternative care now. Not a single family seemed concerned when I told them about the bill or asked them to sign petitions, let them see the fruits of their "in action."

Outgoing
    I am continuing as usual. I have three maybe 4 children leaving from now until Sept 2015. I have fillled one spot already and I have another interview tomorrow.

Euphoric !
    I find it is getting more confusing. CCPRN just sent out an email about grandfather the children in. Any children signed up, or in care, before Dec 4, 2014 do not have to follow the new ratio rules. But any children signed up after December 4th DO have to follow the new ratios. So if you have a big turn over you need to watch which children sign up because we are past the grandfather date and you essentially have to follow the new ratios right away.

This was the first I heard of this. It mentioned that we would get more details about everything in February. I just feel like it's so unclear as to what is truly expected of us right now. How do we know what rations/numbers to follow today?

Outgoing
    Also I am due in the new year- does my baby go to my 2 under 2 starting in January 2016 or immediately?

Euphoric !
    immediately

Outgoing
    Toronto Kids- where did you get that info? Where can I find that info?

Euphoric !
    I didn't find that info anywhere specifically, it just makes sense. In Jan 2015, our children will count in the numbers and in our 2 kids under 2 yrs. Why would a 3 wk old not count in the number? They are under 2.

Outgoing
    Toronto- because the law takes effect in January 2016 Not 2015?

Euphoric !
    Yes, sorry. 2016...heh heh, I'm on vacation! I was thinking you were talking about next yr. Your baby would count in your numbers Jan 2016