Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Pregnancy and Bill 10

I am 7 months pregnant and wondering if my baby, due in the new year in counted in my 2 under 2 immediately, or in the jan 2016.

Also if my husband is home on parental leave and my newborn
    Is not in the daycare but with my husband or I upstairs how does that work ?!

Outgoing
    Your own kids don't count until Jan. 2016. So technically you could have an additional 2 under 2 until that time, and hopefully one of your under 2's would have had a birthday by then.

With regards to your husband being home, right now, it is irrelevant, since your kids don't count until Jan. 2016. However, the DNA (the current laws) and Bill 10 (the new laws) have always pertained to children ON THE PREMISES, no matter how many adults were present.

So once Jan. 2016 comes, your baby will count as one of your 5 daycare children, and will have to be included in the 2 under 2 cap, regardless of if your husband is home or not.

Outgoing
    Thank you everything I have read indicates January 2016 for implementation, so that's what I will plan for!

Thank you!