Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    that's ok as long as I could paint them they would work. I would paint them to match my wall. I could always buy 2.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I just use the one towel for all of them and change it daily but they are little enough that I am the one washing their hands so I know by the time we get to use the towel that the hands are clean. When I had older kids using the bathroom on their own they had their own towel and I had a row of hooks on the back of the bathroom door to clip them to. That way they were out of sight but available to the child.

Euphoric !
    Thanks everyone. I will likely just use the 1 towel like I always do. It is good to know that everyone else uses one towel too! lol.

Outgoing
    Hmmm. Now I'm thinking that maybe mine don't need one each after all.

Euphoric !
    I'm not a huge clean freak at all but I'd rather make sure the toys are clean than do an extra load of towels every week. I think a towel per person is a nice idea but for me, not needed.

Parents ask a lot of silly questions sometimes but this has never come up, so I'm sure most parents are okay with one towel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    My children are colour-coded. LOL

I have something like this but mine have 6 double hooks http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/presto-universal-5-hooks/hand-towels/6000095238297

I have one set by the front door so they each have a hook for their outdoor clothes but I have a set in the bathroom too. In the bathroom, they each have a towel and a facecloth which match but all 6 children have a different colour.

I just bought two stacks of 12 facecloths from Walmart which had three different colours in the stack. Then I bought two matching hand towels. That way, even if one set are still in the laundry, I still have an extra set. I don't change mine daily. I have fresh ones on Monday and then switch them out at naptime on Wednesday so it averages 2.5 days but since they have their own, it seems to work. I suppose if you were really worried about germs and didn't have time to do a load of laundry, you could put them in the dryer on high for a while. That would likely kill any germs anyway.
    I wash my towel about every three days I would think, but the hand towel get changed daily.

I buy 2 sets of the ones from ikea with the colored hook loops. Each child is assigned a color, and i just used the c shower hooks to so the hang off a regular towel bar. for the wet cloths i hve them hanging on the shower door in the daycare bathroom