Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

My "handful" and naptime

So as some of you may recall, I have had my handful with me since early Spring. He has never been a good napper but has always (well almost always) stayed in his playpen for quiet time quietly and it hasn't been too much of an issue other than he is sometimes tired in the afternoon which adds to his "handfullness" lol. He still sleeps 12-14 hours a night so I just chalked it up to that. If he did nap, it was 30-45 minutes.

WELL........last week was a little chilly in the basement so I put the daycare kitchen heater on. He naps in the kitchen in his playpen because of his non napping. I usually shut the heater off (just a fear that something might go wrong while I'm upstairs!) but I decided to leave it on to keep it warm. He slept 2.5 hours that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually went down to make sure he was still breathing and stared at his little blanket going up and down for like 5 minutes to make sure I wasn't imagining it lol. Today I left the heater on again and yup, sleeping like a baby!!! I have a baby monitor on him and not a movement!

His last day is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Euphoric !
    OH LOL. that is funny! They say it is better to have cool to sleep. Maybe he is just played out from Christmas?

Euphoric !
    Could be but he slept well the first time before Christmas. When I told his mom about it she said that his room is the warmest in their house and she stills puts a heater on for him!! Thanks for telling me now!! haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Oh for goodness sake. Some parents - you could just Hi-5 them right in the face.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I had a dcb who was under 2 and a terrible napper, one day I went downstairs and he was trying to climb out of the playpen NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I went out and bought a sleep sac and next nap he was zipped in and lo and behold napped almost 3 hours. I discussed with mom and WOW they always use one at home.WHY wouldn't they tell me that? She knew we were having issues. Some people.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to madmom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    The little things that they don't realize to tell us about sometimes makes the biggest difference!!! lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: