Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Accountant fees

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi, is this nice lady in Toronto by any chance? I really need a good accountant who knows daycare.

Expansive...
    I paid $400 for my d/c taxes my husbands and my son a full time student

Starting to feel at home...
    My accountant is amazing! I love her, I have used her service since I first started Daycare (10 years now), It only costs me $125 a year (I caculate up all my expenses and such)

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    My accountant is amazing! I love her, I have used her service since I first started Daycare (10 years now), It only costs me $125 a year (I caculate up all my expenses and such)
    Ms. Bel I sent you a PM requesting accountant info. TX!

Expansive...
    I wish I had 5 LM and MsBell's accountant-they have the best deals

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    HaHa, not gonna lie....I love her and am so thankful that she took me on! I was actually under the impression that she only did a handful now as she always says she does it for a few on the side to make extra money. This year though, through conversation, it came out that she actually does 350 returns!!! That's a few to her LOL She's retired and her and her husband go on vacation every winter and she comes back for tax time! Crazy good side money IMO.

I am already dreading the day that she fully retires!! A friend who also does hdc wants us to take a course together and than we can just do our own. I will have to look into that because I really don't want to pay someone $250-$350 to enter in the numbers I tallied up! I've read on here that a few ladies do their own, so it is something that would interest me when the time comes.

Euphoric !
    I think of it this way ladies - we don't like it when people complain about our fees. It is all about finding someone who does a good job, is knowledgable about home daycare, gets everything done correctly, keeps up to date with all the new changes, and gives you great advice! Also if I was audited it is my accountant that would do all that as well. What they charge shouldn't matter as much. Just like we don't want parents asking what we charge as their first question. It also isn't just about entering numbers either. You are paying for their time, their knowledge etc.

Just find someone who you like, knows what they are doing and that you trust. Then ask about fees. Honestly if my accountant doubled his fee I would still go to him.

Euphoric !
    I'm actually one who doesn't mind if a parents first question is the cost. I am like that with any service I need so I can't fault a parent for doing the same. I don't think the cost should be the deciding factor in ANY/EVERY service but unfortunately, for some, it HAS to be. If you don't have the money to pay, you don't have the money!

If I'm getting a hair cut and they tell me it's $200, there's no point in going forward with anything else because I'm not going to pay that. So if a parent can't afford my fee than it's better to know that ASAP so we both don't waste each other's time IMO.

Getting audited is a concern though, so make sure your accountant will help you out! Thankfully, even though she's private, mine has said she would do it She has said one of the the reasons her fee is lower is because she doesn't have the overhead of a business anymore. Because of that, I prefer private

Ok, I'm in Ottawa, Ontario area. My accountant charges me $1000.00 plus 300 for my husband who owns his old house and it's now a rental, as well as his construction job. It's straightforward since there is no other issues with my husband's taxes. I use to pay 3-5 hundred but it went up very high since they told me they had to implement a new program that took time to initiate. So I guess I understand the first time costs when they implemented that new program for my DC business, but now it should be on average how much a month to do DC taxes? Also my husbands? Thank you very much in advance!

Expansive...
    I guess it depends on where you live, if you go to an individual or a large company for filing. I think $250-300 for the business side alone is common in larger cities in southern Ontario. Then there would be additional fees for each individual return, or whatever special circumstances you have.
    I think mine was about $500 with HST last year(including hubby too)