Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resume

Expansive...

Resume

So I have made the decision to begin looking for employment outside of the home. I don't feel daycare is working for me and my family anymore; I am exhausted and I feel that daycare has been hard on my kids too and that they are sort of growing out of this environment. And of course because I have been tired and drained it has been hard on my marriage as well. So I have decided that I will start looking casually, and won't take a job unless it's the perfect fit because I am not super desperate...yet lol.

I was wondering though, I have not worked outside of the home in almost 8 years....I'm not quite sure what to put on my resume! So I was hoping you amazing ladies could help me out...what are some things to list on a resume that pertain to running a daycare that would "sell" to a potential employer?

Thanks in advance!

Euphoric !
    I struggle with this too. Because as much as we all know what the day entails, most people see daycare providers as glorified babysitters. I have even debated leaving the 2 years of daycare off my resume and just saying I stayed home with my kids so not to detract from all my "professional" experience. But I think there are so many skills I have obtained/developed from running my own business that it would almost be a shame to not mention it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I just wrote a post and it got deleted... LOL
    I think it was something like this - I would play up the fact that you have been operating your own business for the last 8 years. You had to attract and retain clients, have marketing and accounting skills, and have good relationships with the families. You are resourceful, have excellent problem solving skills, and work very well independently. Also, there's safe food handling, First Aid & CPR, and any workshops or courses you took over the years.
    Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloucestermom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Omg - You might not have worked outside the home but just wait a second..

You're run a successful business single-handedly for 8 number of years which requires a lot of self-motivation and problem solving not to mention crisis management.
    You have high skills at multi-tasking and great ability to prioritize effectively and quickly.
    You are able to manage other people's expectations and tactfully bring them into line with company policy.
    You have kept on top of legislative changes in your field and made sure your business reflect them.
    You have developed skills for contractual documentation.
    Budgetary planning for business supplies and maintain basic accountancy information in readiness for tax returns each fiscal year.
    Personnel skills in terms of mediating, and reading situations in order to be proactive vs reactive.

I am sure given a few minutes I can think of a host of others.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:

@ rachel, how to put that on a resume without taking up 12 pages haha

What about references? would we use parents?

Outgoing
    I don't know if I ever plan on working outside the home again, but anything is possible, so I keep my resume updated. I am just planning on using "self-employed" and then summarize the business aspect of running a child care program. During the interview, I'll be prepared to explain more about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    @ rachel, how to put that on a resume without taking up 12 pages haha

What about references? would we use parents?
    Unless you are going for a min wage job or unless you are a teenager, you aren't meant to have a one page resume. You are meant to have at least one page per decade you have been in the work force other wise, you've not really done much at all.

There is a lot of information on the Internet about working on the Internet. Everyone can find what he needs.

Hello,I understand your concerns, and it's always a good idea to explore potential avenues for assistance, especially in a situation like yours. I'm not an expert on benefits or credits, but I can certainly share my experience with a service that provides assistance in professional research proposal writers . It might be helpful if your wife is looking to secure funding for her PhD research.I found myself in a similar situation when I was assisting my spouse with their research proposal for a PhD program https://www.phdresearchproposal.org/ . We were introduced to a service that specializes in crafting professional research proposals. This service proved to be an invaluable resource throughout the process.