Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy

Hello from WHITE FLOWERS to all . I am new

Hi everyone
    My name is Anna. I am a child provider. i am a mother of 2 kids i open my home childcare (WHITE FLOWERS HOME CHILD CARE ) in Newmarket ON . i am looking for children ages 2 years to 6 years . I sent my information about my home child care ,but I could not see my daycare in the list . please let me know what I have to do to introduce my daycare .Thanks

Euphoric !
    Hello Anna. I'm a provider in College Manor in Newmarket. HI! When I first signed up here, my daycare was showing up in Markham as the mapping was way off. After writing to the administrators, I was able to assure them that they were actually in the wrong and they got my address sorted out. I would suggest you contact them to see what's gone wrong. It's not an infallible system here.

Newmarket has lots of business here....but also a LOT of providers. It's quite saturated, so it can take a while to fill up. Don't get discouraged Good luck to you...I hope it goes well for you! Congrats on the new business!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Hi Cfred
    thanks for your advised and your suggestion . I really appreciate it.
    I will contact to the administrators .
    Regards

Euphoric !
    No problem. I wasn't much help though

If you wish, there's an event at Fionn MacCool's here in Newmarket on Thursday, January 29th between 4:30pm and 6:30pm. Lisa MacLeod is stopping in on her campaign tour to discuss Bill 10. There are home daycare providers, independent daycare operators and Montessori reps coming. If you want the chance to network with others in your field and get caught up on Bill 10 (Childcare Modernization Act), let me know and I'll add you to the list. If you don't know anything about Bill 10, I would strongly advise you to learn about it as the rules for home daycares have changed significantly and you should know what they are before you start bringing kids in, so you remain compliant. The fines are a little steeper now at $200,000.

Shy
    Dear cfred

I don t know about this act . I tried to find in google i find this website :

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bil...en&BillID=2913

But I could not understand about the act !!! . I really appreciate it if explain to me . the fine is for what ???

Euphoric !
    That doesn't surprise me. Many providers and families don't know about it, though the government will happily ruin you financially should you be unwittingly out of compliance. The only real public education on the matter has come from the Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario (CICPO). It might be a good idea, if you have Facebook, to join their group. There is a tremendous amount of information on Bill 10 and our actions against it. Another Facebook group to join which offers more discussion surrounding the details of Bill 10 is Ontario Families and Providers Against Bill 143 - Bill 10 was Bill 143 before the election.

The bill is very complicated and I'm not surprised that you've not read it.....it's painful and I've not read the whole thing either. It took the founders of the group days to read and decipher it...and I believe they had assistance.

Here are the most immediately important rules:

1. No more than 2 children under 2 years of age, including provider's own children.

2. Provider's own children up to the age of 6 yrs are counted in the ratio....unless in FDK (during the prescribed school year.....not sure about PA days and vacations. Summers are definitely out and you need to find alternate care during summer months).

Those are the heaviest hitting ones for most providers. Of course, there are more rules, but those are the biggest and most immediate. The Liberals had told us that we had until Jan 2016 to become compliant. This was stated in Legislative assembly AND right out of the Minister of Education's mouth in a private meeting (that I wish they'd video taped) AND in letters to various providers seeking clarification. Now they're stating that ONLY children in care BEFORE Royal Assent (Dec.4th, 2014) are allowed to stay till Jan 2016, but anyone coming into care afterward (say, Dec 5th onward) must be compliant now. And I'm afraid that not knowing about it won't exempt you from the massive fines if they catch you out of compliance. In fact, either the Minister of Education or the Premiere of Ontario (can't remember which off the top of my head now) stated openly that the fines from Independent Providers being caught out of compliance will pull in revenue for the province. This makes quite a few of us feel that there might be a bit of a witch hunt occurring and we've heard of a number of surprise visits.

There will be a lot of discussion surrounding this on Jan 29th with Lisa MacLeod (running for head of PC party) who has been advocating on our behalf. If you wish to attend, let me know. There will also be some media coverage, which is pretty cool
    Last edited by cfred; 01-23-2015 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Now they're stating that ONLY children in care BEFORE Royal Assent (Dec.4th, 2014) are allowed to stay till Jan 2016, but anyone coming into care afterward (say, Dec 5th onward) must be compliant now. And I'm afraid that not knowing about it won't exempt you from the massive fines if they catch you out of compliance. In fact, either the Minister of Education or the Premiere of Ontario (can't remember which off the top of my head now) stated openly that the fines from Independent Providers being caught out of compliance will pull in revenue for the province. This makes quite a few of us feel that there might be a bit of a witch hunt occurring and we've heard of a number of surprise visits.
    This is the first time I've heard this confirmed and it has my blood boiling for the simple fact of, how the hell are IDP's supposed to know this??? There has been no effort on the governments part, clearly, to inform the GP or the industry professionals of this small but huge detail. How many above board providers could potentially have their reputation ruined innocently due to the fact that they didn't know. Even for someone like me who frequents this site, I was not aware of it. Lot's of providers are following this and are not aware of it. This once again just reinforces that this is just about money. Money for the agencies and money for the province which as you said was said outright by the government but one thing I am yet to hear from a single person is how this crock of a bill makes any child in Ontario safer. What a load of crap! So glad I'm getting out.

Euphoric !
    Well...and I put out a little misinformation there Bright Sparks. My error was that kids being brought in after Royal Assent must be compliant after Proclamation, which is expected to take place in the fall. Sorry...not immediate. They SAY the fall, but Royal Assent was supposed to be in the summer or fall, or at least that was what I understood. BUT, after reading the Auditor General's Report on the licensed sector, we all understand why they had to rush to have the bill become law before that little gem came out. My god....what a sneaky bunch of buggers!

So...the short correction....childr en after Royal Assent are fine till Proclamation....when ever they decide to F$#% with us just a little bit more.

Outgoing
    OK...but the $200,000 fines are not in affect until Jan 2016...correct?

Euphoric !
    I really don't know sandylynn. There's so much information flying around right now. There's a meeting sometime this winter (Feb I think) in which regulations and processes will be discussed and hashed out. CICPO has a seat at this meeting (I believe) so we'll know more then. There is a tremendous amount of confusion surrounding all of this from all sides (Min of Ed included). It's a mess. I'll post things as I find out about them.

Our best line of action right now is to get Lisa MacLeod voted in as PC leader. This requires becoming a PC member. There's a nominal fee ($25 or something along those lines). This provides you the right to vote for the PC leader you want. She has stated that if she gets in, and PCs win the federal election in the fall, she'll get the bill repealed, which would be pretty sweet, in my opinion. I'll post the link to become a member, if anyone wishes to do so. There are events being held across the province as part of her campaign tour. You can certainly attend those as well as a means to hear her speak. Some are more intimate...I've seen pics of a bunch of ladies having dinner with her at restaurants. Some are larger and more formal. Mine, here in Newmarket has a larger group of pushing 40 people now with Lisa speaking at a podium.